SASS Wire Forum

The Next Invasion ! :-O

I'm glad I don't live in the St. Louis area any more.  That would be deafening.  Gratefully, they aren't scheduled to be this far south..

• Like 1

I was in an area which had an emergence on the East Coast a long time back.  An amazing experience.  Can't recall any problem issues with the bugs / humans.  When it was over, there were big dead bugs everywhere, in some cases almost as if they had been washed up by a tide.  Have some photos somewhere, slides because it was long before digital.

Insect chorus, I think it’s kinda cool!B)

We had a huge infestation in 1983-84 and it was loud!!!

none of these invasions have to happen if we protect ourselves - we have imported so many that were meant to defend but have only presented new and bigger problems , i wonder when our boarders will be defended ?

When I lived in Concord, NC and worked in Charlotte I can recall all the trepidation over the Cicadas coming out of stasis(?).
It’s funny, I recall them only buzzing / singing after temps girl into the 90’s. 
The noise didn’t bother me at all. Perhaps it was a noise frequency that my tinnitus could get along with. 

When I was a kid in PA my brother and I would climb trees looking for their molted exoskeletons (skin). I recall that we had about 20 of them collected. When my Mom discovered them she made us dispose of them. We hid them for the later use of scaring people with them. 
Did you know that if you put one of these on a random church lady’s shoulder she will squeal loud enough to stop the minister in mid sentence and disrupt the goings on in the church for a few minutes?

Did you also know the best way to detect the two little boys that pulled an epic prank in church is to look for the two that just cannot contain their laughter?

Did you also know that oak makes a much more formidable paddle than pine?

:lol::lol::lol:

Still makes me laugh. 

• Haha 1

Watab: I don't rent out any rooms at my house so I don't have any "boarders" to defend against any invaders,  Cicadas or otherwise. You might want to read the story again also.