SASS Wire Forum

Fiocchi primer question.

First time use of Fiocchi primers.  What is the green and should I be concerned about the one primer with very little green?

IMG_2659.jpeg

Just my personal observation using them is that they are reliable after sending a couple thousand rounds down range so far. They are a NATO approved supplier, so they seem to be top quality IMO. 

I haven’t experienced what to my eye seems to be the lacquer? being only partially applied. 

Edited by Captain Clark
Correction
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Sealant. 

That one is GTG.

That’s comforting to know.  So far I’m had four “non-green” primers out of 700.  Two I used and then started to wonder if those two would come back to bite me at an inopportune time.

Edited by Matthew Duncan
  • Like 1

I've had a couple like that with Federals and never an issue. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

havent tried them yet but i know a few that have and heard no complaints so far - its the chedites ive heard a few rumblings of , but ive not tried them yet either 

12 hours ago, watab kid said:

havent tried them yet but i know a few that have and heard no complaints so far - its the chedites ive heard a few rumblings of , but ive not tried them yet either 

I've used a few thousand Cheddites without a single issue. They work fine and are a little cheaper and best of all, available!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cheddites have been my go to for cowboy and regular trap and bird shooting for awhile with zero issues in SxS, pumps and auto loader scatterguns. They sure seem to perform like a quality product from what I’ve experienced. Based on my  experience I have passed on other brands of 209 recently.:)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Captain Clark said:

Cheddites have been my go to for cowboy and regular trap and bird shooting for awhile with zero issues in SxS, pumps and auto loader scatterguns. They sure seem to perform like a quality product from what I’ve experienced. Based on my  experience I have passed on other brands of 209 recently.:)

I too use Cheddite 209s for most of my shotgun reloading.  An exception are shells for my Citori O/U where the firing pin on the lower barrel pierces Cheddites and suffers erosion.  I just bought more Cheddite 209s from Tell Sackett at EOT and have enough for a couple of years of shotgun reloading.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Eyesa Horg said:

I've used a few thousand Cheddites without a single issue. They work fine and are a little cheaper and best of all, available!

as i said ive not tried them yet , but just heard things from others - i do work at a gunclub and i hear a lot of things that i cant verify , they are a lot of trap shooters and we all know that trapshooters are a bunch of bitchy little girls when it comes to their pet things , my take on what im told is ill always give it a try but in a small way till i know for myself what the truth is , 

i dont currently need to buy chedites - i will try them when i do , till then i was simply passing on what i heard from more than one source 

• Like 1

Cheddites were all I could find the past several years. Not one failure and just bought several thousand more due to availability and price.

• Like 3

my uncle shoots 30k rounds of 12ga a year and he has exclusively switched to cheddite primers because they have been the only ones consistently available. i also only shoot cheddites and have never had an issue. 

Stick em in empty cases and see if they go "POP".   I have not tried fiocchi pistol primers.  Tried shot shell primers, they were junk, threw them all away. 

That is all I use in my revolvers. I've used them in my rifles also and had no issues. At EOT this year both Shirttail and I had a failure to fire with our rifles, both of those primers were Federals. kR

I have used them and they all worked well.  I guess the green means they are environmentally friendly and leave to carbon footprint.  Recently someone asked me why was there a electrical cord poking through the grill of my Silverado HD, I told them it was a green electric truck and I was thanked for being environmentally conscious.  Same concept.....

• Haha 2