SASS Wire Forum

No, not that kind - THIS kind:    image.png.f4a42f6ac679da5690380ba6975a6325.png

Bud's Gun Shop.  De facto sponsor of Hickock 45.  And evidently a source of all sorts of wonderful things related to our sport.  Any of y'all familiar with 'em?

I somehow got on their list.  Receive regular email notices of sales and available products.

But golly gee, guys... lighten up awreddy!  I can see and appreciate an occasional email.  Daily email is borderline excessive, in my opinion... but dang!  Minimum of three, average of four, and as many as EIGHT in a day??  :wacko:

Sheesh!!  :(   

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

I created a "firearms" folder and a filter rule. Lots of different vendors go into it.

Every now and then when I need something, I'll look at the most recent and delete all the old ones.

On some, I go tune my preferences for what I want to get, or unsubscribe  Links at the bottom of the mail.

On edit: I get over two dozen different ones a day.

Edited by John Kloehr
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I get one email every other day from Bud’s. I used to get a lot more. 
I hit “Unsubscribe” then I was given options for what emails I would like to get. 
Give that a try. 

• Thanks 2

We used to get a lot of guns from Buds.

Our shop does a lot of transfers and getting guns from Buds was a nearly daily occurence.

But...

We had a transfer that for some reason Buds was unhappy about and Buds called our shop DEMANDING we provide them a copy of the 4473 paperwork.

We informed them that they had zero legal right to request this information or document and under no circumstances were we going to provide them with the 4473 or any information upon it.

They became belligerent and we told them to pound sand - that the firearm transfer was handled legally on our end and IF they had some reason to believe there was an issue - that THEY should contact the BATFE and report their suspicions. 

We have discontinued all business with Buds.

We do not order from them and will not accept transfers from them.

Yeah, I really hate when I modify my preferences and they send thugs around to rattle my cage all Mugsie and Bugsy like…

You can go on their website anytime you want. No need for their constant emails. Unsubscribe and go visit them at your convenience.

• Like 1

It's not just Bud's, I'm on a mailing list for a book publisher and get three to five emails a week

Nearly every website that I have had a problem with regarding their emails I have remedied by selecting “Unsubscribe” then selecting options for my preferences. If they don’t offer preferences I select “Unsubscribe” again. Simple. 

• Like 1

It’s just a way of life anymore. Sometimes I think unsubscribing increases the frequency of the emails you get . I try to funnel as much of it as possible to a junk folder. Then I can give it a quick look just to see if there is anything i want to look at before I hit the delete all button 

X-treme Bullets was my biggest spammer.
One simply Unsubscribes from these legit businesses, and their daily/hourly spam goes away.

I have bought several pieces from Buds over the last decade, and am NOT on their mailing list.

I understand these companies are using free internet advertising to survive, but too much is too much.

Have a 2nd email account for those 20% off first order offers and give em out to any body that requires an email.

Toggle your email to just show personal email until you want to see the deals.

I use either an initial or middle name for sig ups to see who sold my info.  If I start getting junk mail to initial last name I know who sold me out