SASS Wire Forum

Pop Tart inventor dead at 96

1 hour ago, Henry T Harrison said:

The hero to pot heads around the world 

And busy moms for their kids breakfast!! I actually like em myself!

I heard somewhere that at his funeral they had a problem with his burial. Every few minutes he would pop up out of his casket. 

1 hour ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

I've never tried a Pop Tart.  Maybe it's time I did.

Don't bother. The amount of filling, never all that much, has been greatly reduced and the pastry is thicker and not as flaky as 30 years ago.  Also, it's almost impossible to find them without a thick coat of frosting slathered on top.

If you really want a hand pie get some pie crust and a jar of your favorite jam or preserves and make your own.

1 hour ago, Pat Riot said:

I heard somewhere that at his funeral they had a problem with his burial. Every few minutes he would pop up out of his casket. 

He should have been cremated...that's how my Pop Tarts always seemed to end up.

3 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

I've never tried a Pop Tart.  Maybe it's time I did.

Might try Smucker’s Uncrustables instead. They’re crustless pb&j sandwiches that had just came out when my daughter ’s were in grammar school. I used to put them in their lunches & also used them for snacks. Tried one on day & they were really good, so I always had one with them at snack time!

I haven’t had one in years, last time I gad one it was okay. What do you expect something gourmet that you pop in the toaster? You guys crack me up!:P

Archived