SASS Wire Forum

Post Office

Alpo

Checking my email this morning and I thought I was getting another letter from the county jail. No. I'm getting the same one back. I know this because the picture quite clearly shows my handwriting saying WRONG ADDRESS.

Morons.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Checking my email this morning and I thought I was getting another letter from the county jail. No. I'm getting the same one back. I know this because the picture quite clearly shows my handwriting saying WRONG ADDRESS.

Morons.

I was supposed to get a tax bill from the county and it never showed up. It was on my Informed Delivery email that I get everyday. I contacted them and someone called me back from the local post office. I called them back and they can't find it! At least they called but they're still Jerks!

Edited by Rye Miles #13621

My plan for today is first to take a sharpie and black out the barcode.

Then I shall write on it

3RD TIME'S THE CHARM? TAKE IT TO THIS ADDRESS. I DON'T WANT IT DELIVERED TO MY HOUSE ANYMORE!

• Like 4

had that happen -- keep getting mail for a dead relative that never lived here ,  also a relative that never lived here that is alive but estranged from the family - no o0ne knows where he might be , 

When we moved here to ## Xxx Lane I would get calls from delivery drivers. “I’m at ## Xxx Lane and there is no house here. I’d tell them they were on ## Xxx Drive, across the lake from our house. Then I would explain how to drive around the lake to our house. Even GPS systems sometimes had trouble differentiating our street from the one across the lake.

After a while I investigated why the village had decided to name two streets Xxx Lane and Xxx Drive on either side of a lake. It turns out that the streets were originally named Xxx Lake North and Xxx Lake South. To eliminate future  confusion they were renamed Xxx Lane and Xxx Drive. :wacko:

To further complicate maters four years ago they built a house at ## Xxx Drive. Now I get their mail often and sometimes packages from the “private “ carriers. So neither the Federal Government, nor major industrial contractors can reliably find me. I lost all my gun in a boating accident and I’m not worried about the A##F finding me as GPS systems are on my side. 

That’s the Truth and I’m sticking too it. :ph34r:

CJ

Odds are, the letter was never seen by a human.  99% of letter mail is worked by machines that read the address and or bar code now.  Unless, you black out the bar codes front and back and black out the address you will keep getting it back. Sadly most carriers these days are poorly trained and are working 60+ hour weeks and just do not read.  When they pull up at your box, it is the first time they actually see the mail.  The USPS (in its infinite wisdom) trains carriers to pull the mail by looking at the first and flip to the last piece and deliver all that is in between. Cause the machines are perfect dont cha know. 

• Like 1

last month I had 2 pkgs shipped thru the Jackson MS mail hub, both were never seen again. They made it that far then poof they were gone. Emailed the post master general, no reply

• Sad 1

Had UPS delivery "on the truck for delivery" for a couple years before the number was no longer valid!

Once a week or more I get mail for the guy next door. My address ends in 73 his ends in 49. Okay that's not even close and it's happened at least a dozen times. I put the mail in his mail slot. A couple times it was mail from his bank and the VA. C'mon dude pay attention, you have ONE JOB!

• Like 2

Well I got it the second time Monday, blacked out the barcode and left my message on it and put it in the mailbox, and it was picked up Tuesday. Here it is Friday and it has not returned. So maybe - just maybe - they actually sent it to where it's supposed to go.

I wonder what the lady that it was addressed to would think about my comments on the envelope?

Or maybe, since I said I did not want it to come back to my house, they sent it back to the jail. :wacko:

• Like 1