SASS Wire Forum

Something new that I didn’t think would break

Some are known for shall we say coordination issues, I am known for being “hard” on my firearms. 
 Anyone seen this before?

image.thumb.jpeg.59f883a43fa79fa089a01e78f9f948cb.jpeglightened firing pin extension on my ‘73

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Was in my main match gun for about 6 or 7 years. Not really upset or anything got my moneys worth. certainly glad it broke at a local not the upcoming EOT.

Mostly just wondering if I am unique in breaking one. BTW I have been called unique for a lot of other reasons in the past! :lol: or was that special?

Regards

Gateway Kid

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Gateway Kid SASS# 70038 Life said:

Was in my main match gun for about 6 or 7 years. Not really upset or anything got my moneys worth. certainly glad it broke at a local not the upcoming EOT.

Mostly just wondering if I am unique in breaking one. BTW I have been called unique for a lot of other reasons in the past! :lol: or was that special?

Regards

Gateway Kid

I have not met you but  all  SASS members are all UNIQUE.

Best Wishes

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Kid Rich said:

Yer pullin the trigger to hard.

kR

But Widder told me the harder you pull the trigger the faster the bullets go. :P  :P  :P Been using that concept as a strategy for years. Surely the great and powerful Widder wouldn’t tell a tall tale? :D

Regards

Gateway Kid

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I have a boxfull of broken or cracked ones (the lightened ones). I just machine weight out the stock ones or make my own20240124_103013.thumb.jpg.2805c29ce6a55a26e7cc7b502481f330.jpg

Edited by SGT. ELI 35882 GUNFIGHTER
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, SGT. ELI 35882 GUNFIGHTER said:

I have a boxfull of broken or cracked ones (the lightened ones). I just machine weight out the stock ones or make my own20240124_103013.thumb.jpg.2805c29ce6a55a26e7cc7b502481f330.jpg

I have one of this kind as well. Mine is hollow on the bottom as well though not as wide a cut as yours. I like the lighter ones but now having broken one they become one more thing my OCD will require me to frequently check. 
Regards

Gateway Kid