SASS Wire Forum

Australia Day 26th January 2024

Australia Day 26th January 2024

Every other nation's day is awesome and worthy of celebration.
Wokeness has gotten such a foothold here now from the toehold it had just a few years ago.

The rabid Left here now despise Australia Day and refer to it as Invasion Day.

There are millions of people who would jump at the chance to live in Australia. Maybe a swap can be arranged between those who hate it here and those who want to live here?

418815822_2571859949657536_3193268268555585156_n.thumb.jpg.bfaeacabe32a7be4cf2bb76bd9bba53d.jpg

Sorry to b!tch, but somethings just wrangle me beyond despair. 

The minority of complainers calling it Invasion Day are a miniscule number compared to the Australians that will be flag waving and enjoying and celebration Australia Day this coming January the 26th.......but which group do you think the 24/7 news leeches put the spotlight on?

Sorry to hear that mate. You appear to be in the same boat as us.:angry: Woke is gonna make us all broke, with the exception of the upper left. It's a shame.

Thanks, Aussies, for being there for the USA.  Hope we will always return the favor.  Enjoy your day!!

Living near and working in Los Angeles I encountered many, MANY, self absorbed misfits that called themselves “woke”. They also called “Columbus Day” Invasion day. 
My response to them in this regard was “If you feel this way you should leave the U.S. and go back where you came from”

That usually shut them up for a moment. 
Then they would say “But I am from here, the U.S.”

Then I would say “Then you should give everything you own to those you think are supposed to be here. If you’re not willing to do that you should just shut your mouth.”

That did shut them up as they walked away trying to come up with a response. 

I do not miss being around those mindless fools. 

44 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

When I was in Australia, about 25 years ago, I picked up a book that described the First Fleet as well as much of the culinary of Oz.

no mention of vegemite. A little bit of a dictionary. Underground mutton is rabbit.

70462EB3-CA66-4D35-8C88-422A59236D75.jpeg

FF10C1FB-79A2-456C-B354-5592F19CCF88.jpeg

ED9BFE31-EE6B-44A2-953E-C02045208DF8.jpeg

1988EF7A-B4FF-4BC4-890E-ABB6A592734A.jpeg

That would be a collectors item now Marshal.

i learned a bit of your celebration from another site i frequent daily , we bonded on enfield rifles but we all suffering the same woes these days it seems - too many people in our country that hate our country , i dont get it at all , if you dont like it here go somewhere you think is better - simple thing , , it seems most here are learning to hating our country in the colleges that alll started with the commies during the VN war here  ,

on the other site ive been a rememberer of the date for many years , but much as you im not a member of this new woke era , my family moved from scotland three generations ago to canada and australia - two brothers one each way , the canadian side moved south to the US , first to ohio and then arkansas on my grandfathers side , my grandmothers also ended up in ohio but moved west to iowa , the southern side moved north in the early 20s and the two found each other , 

my parents visited my Australian relies once in the 80s  , i would like very much to do the same , we shall see if is in the cards for me to do so , i have no contact with those relatives but wish i had 

4 minutes ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

I'll give you Aussies a break and celebrate Australia Day a day early on the 25th over here!:D

Pretty much all of Oz is suffering heatwaves at the moment.

ke.JPG.32d056e918a6458aa70dcedfa9fc0264.JPG

Just now, watab kid said:

i learned a bit of your celebration from another site i frequent daily , we bonded on enfield rifles but we all suffering the same woes these days it seems - too many people in our country that hate our country , i dont get it at all , if you dont like it here go somewhere you think is better - simple thing , , it seems most here are learning to hating our country in the colleges that alll started with the commies during the VN war here  ,

on the other site ive been a rememberer of the date for many years , but much as you im not a member of this new woke era , my family moved from scotland three generations ago to canada and australia - two brothers one each way , the canadian side moved south to the US , first to ohio and then arkansas on my grandfathers side , my grandmothers also ended up in ohio but moved west to iowa , the southern side moved north in the early 20s and the two found each other , 

my parents visited my Australian relies once in the 80s  , i would like very much to do the same , we shall see if is in the cards for me to do so , i have no contact with those relatives but wish i had 

I think the same thing, we had young soldiers, sailors & airmen fighting in Vietnam (a lot drafted) and the Australian university 'pink lefties' started something that really never went away.

At school we saluted the flag every morning, we all new our national anthem etc etc......most all that has been done away with.

1 hour ago, Buckshot Bear said:

I think the same thing, we had young soldiers, sailors & airmen fighting in Vietnam (a lot drafted) and the Australian university 'pink lefties' started something that really never went away.

At school we saluted the flag every morning, we all new our national anthem etc etc......most all that has been done away with.

not sure why that is other than we are being taken over from within , why else would we not have respect for our country and our heritage ? i didnt know you had a draft back then , i just knew we did and i was 1A at our lottery - also got my letter after my birthday but i was already enrolled in college prior to getting it , gave up that student deferment at the lottery to either serve or continue my education , a lot of hard choices back then , all life changing , 

im not at all certain why or how our countries have gotten so far from where they started but they have - im accepting there is no place else to go so i best make the best of this and i will - im too old to change my ways or alegences at this point , ill still fight for what we had here , ill fight to let my grandchildren have what we had again , but im feeling a bit alone here seeings that both austrailia and canada are having the same issues , and they are the only two places i might choose to adopt 

2 hours ago, Buckshot Bear said:

Pretty much all of Oz is suffering heatwaves at the moment.

ke.JPG.32d056e918a6458aa70dcedfa9fc0264.JPG

im all in for this if i get the chance 

Happy Australia Day mates.

17 hours ago, watab kid said:

not sure why that is other than we are being taken over from within , why else would we not have respect for our country and our heritage ? i didnt know you had a draft back then , i just knew we did and i was 1A at our lottery - also got my letter after my birthday but i was already enrolled in college prior to getting it , gave up that student deferment at the lottery to either serve or continue my education , a lot of hard choices back then , all life changing , 

im not at all certain why or how our countries have gotten so far from where they started but they have - im accepting there is no place else to go so i best make the best of this and i will - im too old to change my ways or alegences at this point , ill still fight for what we had here , ill fight to let my grandchildren have what we had again , but im feeling a bit alone here seeings that both austrailia and canada are having the same issues , and they are the only two places i might choose to adopt 

Lottery in Australia as well, if your birthday number was drawn off to Vietnam. 

Archived