SASS Wire Forum

Canadian Gun Control

Dapper Dynamite Dick

10 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Australian ballot? That where if you don't vote they come and arrest you and throw your butt in jail?

It's a paper ballot with all the candidates listed for a particular office or questions to be voted on. You darken in the circle with a black pen. Fold in half and place in a locked box with a slot a poll worker supervising. Then at the end of voting about 6-10 people like me whom have taken an oath( we get to swear! ) unlock the box and sit down in pairs to count the votes. One reads and one scribes. Then the scribes are added up and must match the number of ballots counted. If off, start all over!

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Australian ballot? That where if you don't vote they come and arrest you and throw your butt in jail?

........ yep, that's an Australian ballot ...... for sure .....  :blush:

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Eyesa Horg said:

I've been a vote counter for 17 years and can assure you, I have never mis-tallied a vote. We vote with Australian ballot here.

I have the programming skills to write a vote fraud app, and not get caught.
The only way I would get caught is by forensic analysis of the program source code.
This I can hide behind the "veil of trade secrets" longer than the plaintiffs will be alive on this Earth.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Eyesa Horg said:

I've been a vote counter for 17 years and can assure you, I have never mis-tallied a vote. We vote with Australian ballot here.

What you count doesn’t matter. What matters is what the machine counts. 

Even if you use a paper ballot, it gets fed to a machine at some point. 

Ballot harvesting , stuffing ballot boxes and making sure some are not counted has been done and is still being done by some states. 

Gerrymandering is also alive and well. Just look at the shape of most districts. 

All the above has been and is still being done by both parties. 

Edited by Sedalia Dave
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

All the votes of service people ( troops) abroad, end up in a dumpster behind the post office....

Un-counted of course...

Jabez Cowboy 

• Sad 3

It's funny. Or maybe not so funny.

"Servicemen" sounds like soldiers. People in the military - army Navy Marines, don't matter. Even if you're talking about women in the military, "servicemen" fits.

"Service people", on the other hand, sounds like garbage men or waitresses or window washers.

One of the many times where having to change the term because of women's lib has ruined the meaning.

Like there are no policemen anymore. They are law enforcement officers. There are no mailmen. They are letter carriers.

It's dumb.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, bgavin said:

I have the programming skills to write a vote fraud app, and not get caught.
The only way I would get caught is by forensic analysis of the program source code.
This I can hide behind the "veil of trade secrets" longer than the plaintiffs will be alive on this Earth.

You can write whatever you want, but how do you insert the code without getting flagged?

32 minutes ago, Chicken Rustler, SASS #26680 said:

You can write whatever you want, but how do you insert the code without getting flagged?

The fraud code is the installed operating system in the vote counting machine as delivered.

It is not a hack.
That is why it is protected behind the veil of "trade secret".

• Like 2

8 hours ago, bgavin said:

The fraud code is the installed operating system in the vote counting machine as delivered.

It is not a hack.
That is why it is protected behind the veil of "trade secret".

Oh it's a conspiracy theory and not just a boast! You'll be surprised to find out that I believe network security experts over a guy on the internet.

• Haha 1

I have 50 years in networks and software development next June.

My only point is a competent programmer can write the vote counting fraud software that runs in the machines and not get caught.

It has nothing to do with network security because the software is installed by the manufacturer, not a hack after the counting machine is installed.

[ edit ]

To clarify a bit, software is a trade, same as a machinist or cabinet maker.
I have nearly 50 years in my trade, and I'm good at it, same as a machinist or cabinet maker with that many years.

The point was writing fraudulent vote counting software isn't particularly difficult.

Edited by bgavin
edited for clarity
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

seems to me that both of our governments are currently trying to throw their populations to the wolves - the criminals and crimes are unacceptable , but as an armed population they cant really complete the takeover.turnover , if you look at history - germany , russia , china , cuba , venezuela , what good comes from giving up our guns ? not one of those places would i want to live , 

i like it here , ill expend brass if needed to stay safe here , theres nowhere else to go , 

• Thanks 1

This was not a sophisticated software fraud but in the 70's, due to an accident, I was assigned to modifying engineering software to update some of the algorithms being used for analysis. As I was going over another sections main program, I came across a subroutine surprisingly named "CHEAT". This subroutine was purely a print routine that would print the information that was hard coded into it so that when the engineer submitted the printed results, they were exactly what was wanted!

Needless to say, this subroutine was removed and the program was modified to work properly. 

The creator of the program and subroutine was fired.

Had I not had my accident and assigned to the review and upgrading of software, this fraud may never have been discovered.

On a side note, I once dated a lady whose ex programmed slot machines. He told her that the machines near the high stakes poker tables were programmed to pay out more than the others for the purpose of keeping the wives of the poker players occupied and not encouraging their husbands to leave the game!:rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

The engineer was fired because what he was doing, did not agree with what the top management wanted.
Ask yourself, if the top management WANTED that code, he would not have been fired.

It is documented around the country that vote cheating of various types do exist.
The Colorado supreme court already demonstrated a willingness to cheat.
This opens the possibility to Dominion being an active participant in this for Big Money or as true believers in the Democrat cause.

The only way your CHEAT was caught was by inspection of the source code.
In a voting machine, this will hide behind "trade secrets" for a very long time.

Edited by bgavin
  • Thanks 2

Perhaps we need to go back to paper ballots only, hand-counted, with the polls open for a full week, only to in-person voters with ID.

And a page from the Iraqi elections, a dip of the thumb in indelible ink to ensure you ONLY vote once.

So we don't know what the results are 30 minutes after the polls close?

So what? Who do we have to rush something that important for? 

The media?

I don't care if it takes a day or three to complete an honest count.

I'd rather have an election I was certain reflected the will of the people.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

One big step toward fraud abatement is doing away with computerized counting machines.

When the programming is removed, the machine simply counts the holes or marks, without interpretation.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1