SASS Wire Forum

Nice Catch

Subdeacon Joe

12 hours ago, Pat Riot said:

Nature’s Terrorists! Now that’s funny! :lol:

Not if you are snorkeling off the west coast of Okinawa and a few hundred show up.  Luckily they weren't hungry but it took me weeks to get the mess out my wet suit.

NOT FUNNY!  NOT FUNNY AT ALL!

1 hour ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Not if you are snorkeling off the west coast of Okinawa and a few hundred show up.  Luckily they weren't hungry but it took me weeks to get the mess out my wet suit.

I’ve only come to two real conclusions in life: There are few things south of Macon Georgia or past the edge of the tide worth exploring.

2 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

I had a shark run into me while body surfing in murky water at Manhattan Beach, CA. The water was about 8’ deep where I was at about 50 or more yards from the beach. Its nose was almost as wide as my torso. His tail fin slapped me on the side as he went past. I had a welt from my armpit to my right hip. I do believe running into me startled it as much as it startled me. 
My friends onshore were astounded at the speed I made coming into shore. 
The Life Guard saw the episode. He also congratulated me on my fast exit from the water. He thought it might have been a tiger shark, but he wasn’t sure. 
All I know for sure is the nose felt like sandpaper and it knocked the wind out of me for a second. Pretty sure the shark repellent I used kept him from chasing me. 
The repellent I used was of my own making.  Urine and lots of it. :lol:

Archived