SASS Wire Forum

Shotgun Primers

Bullett Sass 19707

Just got some Nobel Sport 688 primers delivered from Precision Reloading, at about 6.5 cents each in 5000 qty.   These are 209 size, and reported to work like Winchester and Cheddite.  Too bad American primers are MIA.

good luck, GJ

Local shop here had tons of primers.  Almost everything was $99.99 per 1000.  Including a couple brands I've never heard of.  I think Win. 209's were $89.99 per 1000 and Chedites were either $69.99 or $89.99 per 1000.  They were also trying to sell 8mm Mausers for just under $2000.00 and a Japanese Arisaka for $599.99.  They also had, maybe, 200 Black rifles hanging on the walls for sale.  I wasn't interested in any of them enough to look at the prices.

I don't know when, or why, surplus rifles jumped up to such crazy prices.

Angus

I've had good luck with the Cheddite primers.  I found the Noble Sport primers to be too hard for my Fast Eddie SKB.  I was getting occasional failures to fire out of the Noble Sport primers.  I suspect that it is due to the hammer springs being lightened on the SKB.

• 1 month later...

Been using Cheddites for years, never a single issue. They work perfectly in my inline muzzleloader too!

On 11/2/2023 at 4:12 PM, Black Angus McPherson said:

They were also trying to sell 8mm Mausers for just under $2000.00 and a Japanese Arisaka for $599.99.  

I don't know when, or why, surplus rifles jumped up to such crazy prices.

Angus

Military surplus from the Korean and before has been trending up for quite some time.  There are far fewer military surplus "bargains" even the Russian stuff is going for $500+ the last time I looked.     

On 11/1/2023 at 7:15 PM, Snakebite Dust SASS 75484 said:

Ballistic Products 

+1

Right now (as of this post) they're going for $59.86/1K:)  (Before Hazmat, S&H and any taxes:angry:)

You can always go to shootingbot.com to look for primers.  You might not get every place out there, but you'll get a good variety.

38 minutes ago, German Jim said:

+1

Right now (as of this post) they're going for $59.86/1K:)  (Before Hazmat, S&H and any taxes:angry:)

You can always go to shootingbot.com to look for primers.  You might not get every place out there, but you'll get a good variety.

I normally check ammoseek to source primers

Archived