SASS Wire Forum

Biden’s German Shepard “Commander”

Background:

It’s 1977. My neighbor was a Dog Trainer for the Military Police. He owned 2 German Shepard that were extremely well trained. I was stationed at Fort Hood, Tx. On the weekends, Friday night he would drop them at one of the local banks to guard for the weekend. Over the course of a couple of years he taught me how to train dogs, specifically Shepards. One of the things I learned is that this breed communicates with its mouth all the time.

The picture I have included is Kount. He is now 3 years old and coming into his own.Trust me when I saw you don’t want to come on my property unless I am present. He currently weighs 128 Lbs. Import breed from Europe. 

As I said these dogs communicate with their mouths. My arms stayed chewed all to heck for at least 1 1/2 years until his razor sharp teeth dulled enough for his love grabs. 

Typically, when giving love grabs, his ears fold back showing submission. When he jumps up and grabs my arm in his jaws, his front paws are folded back. If attacking, he will go for the face and neck, and his paws will be forward and ready.

My Point:  The only picture I have seen in the news, “Commander” is shown with the gardener. His ears are folded back, paws are facing downward and he is gripping his arm. This SHepard likes the gardener and wants some attention. Being a young Shepard his teeth are very sharp and only takes mild pressure to tear a persons skin. This would also be true of the Presidents security. I very much dislike our current President, but “Commander is getting a bad rap. 

People that don’t know how to train this breed, personally should not own them unless they hire a trainer (mainly for themself). 

The breed has a Shepard in background, hence the name. They will stay as close to you as possible, protecting their flock. If they don’t like where you are going they will try to “Herd” you back to where they can keep you with the rest of their Flock. When the wife goes to bed it drives him crazy that we are in separate rooms and he will pester me as he constantly goes back and forth trying to guard his family. If I give in and go to bed, he will lay in front of the bedroom entrance all night with an occasional clearance check of the entire house.

I will own this breed until I’m gone from this world. Although the price from the breeder, how specifically breeds for the military and police, is about $3500 now. It is so worth the investment. 

Incidentally, I paid the extra money for the breeding rights. 

IMG_0442.jpeg

Squinted one eye. Doesn’t like the iPad flash LOL. In military and police work their are trained for take down and will go for the arms. Not the face and neck.

33 minutes ago, Tennessee Trapper Tom said:

Background:

It’s 1977. My neighbor was a Dog Trainer for the Military Police. He owned 2 German Shepard that were extremely well trained. I was stationed at Fort Hood, Tx. On the weekends, Friday night he would drop them at one of the local banks to guard for the weekend. Over the course of a couple of years he taught me how to train dogs, specifically Shepards. One of the things I learned is that this breed communicates with its mouth all the time.

The picture I have included is Kount. He is now 3 years old and coming into his own.Trust me when I saw you don’t want to come on my property unless I am present. He currently weighs 128 Lbs. Import breed from Europe. 

As I said these dogs communicate with their mouths. My arms stayed chewed all to heck for at least 1 1/2 years until his razor sharp teeth dulled enough for his love grabs. 

Typically, when giving love grabs, his ears fold back showing submission. When he jumps up and grabs my arm in his jaws, his front paws are folded back. If attacking, he will go for the face and neck, and his paws will be forward and ready.

My Point:  The only picture I have seen in the news, “Commander” is shown with the gardener. His ears are folded back, paws are facing downward and he is gripping his arm. This SHepard likes the gardener and wants some attention. Being a young Shepard his teeth are very sharp and only takes mild pressure to tear a persons skin. This would also be true of the Presidents security. I very much dislike our current President, but “Commander is getting a bad rap. 

People that don’t know how to train this breed, personally should not own them unless they hire a trainer (mainly for themself). 

The breed has a Shepard in background, hence the name. They will stay as close to you as possible, protecting their flock. If they don’t like where you are going they will try to “Herd” you back to where they can keep you with the rest of their Flock. When the wife goes to bed it drives him crazy that we are in separate rooms and he will pester me as he constantly goes back and forth trying to guard his family. If I give in and go to bed, he will lay in front of the bedroom entrance all night with an occasional clearance check of the entire house.

I will own this breed until I’m gone from this world. Although the price from the breeder, how specifically breeds for the military and police, is about $3500 now. It is so worth the investment. 

IMG_0442.jpeg

Good looking dog right there!

One other thing about “Kount”, that I think is hilarious other than is normal goofiness typical of a German Shepard.

About 17 months ago my wife let her girlfriend who was going thru a divorce, live in our RV. She just bought her own house and is moving out. He is kind of moping around at dinner time. She would always come up at that time. Kount loves an audience of his family before he’ll eat.

Anyway, Kount of course know that I’m the Alpha Male, and the wife is the Alpha female.

When Brandi moved in, he quickly viewed her as his beta Bitch.  When we are outside playing and Brandi is in her time of the month, he behavior would change. Whenever she turned her back to him, he would quickly move up to her and love nip her in the Butt. He would constantly do this to her until she was out of her time. I wish I could have gotten a picture of it. He never hurt her.

Hmmmm, maybe Commander knew who the "bad eggs" are in the White House and was trying to let someone know who to investigate.  

Like the Secret Service guys who don't know who brought in the cocaine, and maybe all the other crap that is going on in the White House.

Could you link to the picture with the gardener? Because I can't find it.

I can find pictures of the dog and I can find pictures of the dog with Brandon and I can find pictures of the dog with Mrs Brandon. But no pictures of the dog fighting or playing or anything with anybody except those two people.

9 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Could you link to the picture with the gardener? Because I can't find it.

I can find pictures of the dog and I can find pictures of the dog with Brandon and I can find pictures of the dog with Mrs Brandon. But no pictures of the dog fighting or playing or anything with anybody except those two people.

I’m sorry Alpo. I seem to be having trouble with my screen shot feature, but I finally got it. It’s was in the Daily Mail.  Dailymail.co.uk 4 Oct 2023

IMG_0443.png

4 hours ago, Tennessee Trapper Tom said:

Background:

IMG_0442.jpeg

I agree with you.  As a kid,  I had several German Shepherds and they are very tightly bonded to their particular humans.  They will sacrifice themselves to protect.  But if too many people are involved in managing them, they can become confused.  I am wondering how many different handlers Commander has  and if he ever is taken for a walk by HIS people?  

Wonder if he even knows he has a dog?

Same.  We lost our shepherd a bit back as I shared but the family didn’t want to be without one.  There was no hesitation at all, we were getting another.  Smart, loyal, protective…a dog with a reason to have it.

now the puppy stage is harder than I remember and this one seems as stubborn as a Malinois we had..

71840651446__E08F0236-2DA0-4B2E-921B-24B070CDA176.thumb.jpeg.d0b0d26c8a8128e70b9d75b769028bff.jpeg

Yep, Shepards will challenge you to be the boss. Love, training and Firmness cannot be replaced. 

We currently have two GSD's, an 11y.o. female and a 10y.o. male. Both rescues, the male when he was 1.5y.o. and the female was 6y.o. I'm dreading when their time comes as it may be close together. We can't afford a breeder, nor do we want the energy and antics of a puppy, so we will be haunting the local animal shelters. Don't see us being without at least one GSD for the rest of our time her on the planet.

Archived