SASS Wire Forum

1/2 inch wrench

Perro Del Diablo

I have a toolbox in my truck, the wife’s SUV, my boat and then the cabinet full of tools, and a toolbox in the house. I’ll be darned if when the wife needs a tool, she’ll go get what she wants from the shop, and will then leave it anywhere she had used it. I’m always taking stuff back to the shop.  After putting up with this for 44 years, I’ve finally accepted that she won’t change, and I can’t make her. Lol

My lady has a set of tools in her RV. When she has needed another tool for something, she asks me. It is not that she could not get it herself, but my stuff is a pain to go through as she does not know where what she seeks might be. Lots of drawers and boxes.

So I get it for her, and then it goes into the RV in case it is needed again. So far, I have not needed to replace anything as I have had spares.

But I may be down to a handful of 10 mm sockets and the same for 1/2" wrenches. Even though I have wrenches in open, box, ratchet, offset, and in Craftsman, Sears, some Proto or SnapOn, and even Drop Forged. Drop Forged are usually the first up for loan as they are the easiest and cheapest to replace.

21 hours ago, Perro Del Diablo said:

Ok which one of you hooligans take my 1/2 inch wrench?

9 hours ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

Just what makes you think that it was one of US anyway?

................. probably the "hooligan" reference .......  :blush:

Had an engine at one time that had 19/32 rod nuts. 

Largo

I usually find missing tools in my Daughters tools

When Daddy retired, he got tired of hunting tools, so he gathered every wrench, plier, screwdriver, ratchet and socket, spread them out on the porch and started making sets.

Come to find out, he had 3 basic metric wrench sets, 4 of SAE, 3 full combo socket sets with various spares and more screwdrivers than the law ought to allow.

He took 1 set of each, along with some vice grips and a double handful of screwdrivers and put them in the car in a tool bag I bought him.  Another set, he gave to a niece that had just moved out.  Everything left was put in a rolling tool box in the garage.

His project times have been cut in half just by not having to hunt tools.

13 hours ago, Perro Del Diablo said:

Is there a left hand model

You mean for left-hand threads, the placement of a wrenchch on a fastener does not change based on the operator, only the thread direction. With this clear understanding, yes lefty versions are available. But they cost 50% more. I cheat and just turn them over. It is bad enough having to buy adjustable wrenches in both metric and English; I'm sure if I put my mind to it, I could make one adjustable wrench for both English and Metric, and for both right and left threads.

One wrench for all fasteners! The biggest challenge might be getting approval from all the standards bodies before a patent application expires.

Archived