SASS Wire Forum

Missin Ol' Badger

Michigan Slim

He was also a big baseball fan, I miss his opinions on the game. I believe he was a big Cardinals fan!

38 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

I saw the thread about tackle for lakes and streams (something like that) and thought it a shame that he wasn't around to offer his two cents.

That's what triggered me too.

16 minutes ago, Henry T Harrison said:

I didn’t realize that he was no longer with us 

He passed a year ago or more.

My buddy, Badger, passed on Jan 7th of last year!  I had spoken to him only a day or two earlier.  He’d moved into an assisted living facility with Miz Badger and was looking forward to the spring and some fishing.

The trout thread reminded me and set me to missing him more, again!

Even after nearly two years, he’s still in the list of top posters on the forum!

4 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

My buddy, Badger, passed on Jan 7th of last year!  I had spoken to him only a day or two earlier.  He’d moved into an assisted living facility with Miz Badger and was looking forward to the spring and some fishing.

The trout thread reminded me and set me to missing him more, again!

Even after nearly two years, he’s still in the list of top posters on the forum!

A fitting testament to “Blabberfingers”. A great pard!

Me and Badger, Chickasaw Bill, Noz, Birdgun Quail, and Forty Rod swapped stuff at Christmas a time or several!

Miz Badger made fruitcake and he’d ship one to Schoolmarm every year!  I had a hookup for great jams and sorghum molasses that I sent to the rest of ‘em! 

Birdgun sent us cactus jams and candies and Forty sent Schoolmarm and me copies of his books and other neat stuff.

Badger was from Chester Illinois, the birthplace of Popeye and his bunch and me ‘n’ him had lots fun with that and baseball!!

I wonder what he would have thought about the new MLB rules? I bet he would have had some interesting comments. RIP Badger

I think he’d have hated the extra innings garbage!  I remember, more than once, he said something about extra innings being “FREE BASEBALL” and there were many discussions about pitchers not hitting.

19 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Charlie is one of many people who have left a hole in my life.  Others have come along and are just as much a part as they were, but none will ever be replaced.

AMEN!!

I contacted him once to see if he would like a large container of feathers that I had been given for tying trout flies.  He graciously declined and explained that his dexterity with his hands no longer allowed him the tedious task of tying.    I miss his posts also.......

I figure Badger is hangin’ out with Wheelgun Willy and Zeb and he’s scratchin’ ol’ Capn’ Jack behind the ears.

Archived