SASS Wire Forum

Why Do Australians Keep Snakes In the Attic?

Subdeacon Joe

What? 

Do Aussie home owner insurance policies not cover fire?

It might just be me, but that much snake indoors does strike me as a legit reason to burn the building down.

The last time there was a snake even close to the door of the house, it took me a month's worth of restraint to not empty the 2inch .357 I had on me (I was more worried  about where the GoldDots would have ended up since the snake was on my concrete porch) and just go get the spare axe handle to beat it to death with.

I've seen snakes tangled up like that before. They were having sex.

Over on YouTube it says those are two male snakes.

Oh really?:huh::ph34r:

Many years ago there was an article in my local town newspaper. Is about people with old houses with rodents in the attic, and the best way to get rid of them.

The guy writing the article suggested a snake. Put snake up in the attic, and in a week or so there wouldn't be any rodents. The snake would eat one or two, and the others would all scarper.

And eventually the snake would find its way out, the same way the rodents got in, and you'd hear somebody down the block andHAD killED A the diamondback in their backyard, and you knowKNEW that your rat snake had been found.

4 minutes ago, Buckshot Bear said:

Seriously.....no bull.....Carpet Pythons were commonly kept (and placed) in house roofs and factory roofs to keep the rodents down.

For a couple of years, my wife and a large Bull Snake coexisted in her vegetable garden, no rodents!  They aren't venomous, but can be aggressive.

Archived