SASS Wire Forum

Minnesota town cops all quit!

Rye Miles #13621

I don’t know what the cost of living is like where they are at . But the couple of McDonalds restaurants in my town have signs out for 15.50 an hr. I’m thinking that’s no benefits. But that poses allot less risk physically and financially than a police officer. Many people aren’t even willing to work shift work. I can’t tell you how many people I know that won’t even consider a job if it isn’t 9 to 5 and getting out early on Friday. In the factory I retired from we used to have people quit all the time after their first set of midnight shifts. And they are one of the best paying employers in the area. Plus it’s hard to argue that becoming a police officer has been demonized by certain segments of our society for some time now. 

MN is lost, same as is CA, and Philadelphia.

Cops in MN, Portland, Seattle, San Francisco, et al are fleeing those places.

These cesspools are like Ebola areas... either flee while healthy, or stick around and succumb to the disease.

A Buccees put a new store in about 30 miles from my house.  They advertised starting salaries that are more than starting officers make where I work.

$22 an hour to get shot at, deal with druggies, domestic fights, dog catching, snot nosed kids telling you to F off and having to be on call. I wonder why they stayed as long as they did

If the area police departments are paying $30/hr for officers and the city is paying $22/hr, I don't think a 5% pay raise is going to cut it.  You're going to pay for a good police department, weather you have one or not.  

$22/hour won't hardly get a 1 bedroom apartment anymore.

For a LE salary with all its "perks" thanks to the lefties in this country,  no Fn way.

If Minnesota stays on the liberal path they have been on for the last few years...between taxes and other things...they will join California, Illinois, and New York having more people leaving the state than moving into it. There are also some companies either leaving the state...or drastically cutting back their operations in the state.

2 hours ago, Dantankerous said:

$22/hour won't hardly get a 1 bedroom apartment anymore.

For a LE salary with all its "perks" thanks to the lefties in this country,  no Fn way.

You're lucky to get a motel kitchenette for that amount nowadays just for yourself.

Trying to support a family on it would tax the patience of even the best of us.

LEO's deserve top dollar & benefits.   Ain't no room for arguments far as I'm concerned.

Our neighboring town that also provided about 4 hours a week of mostly patrol to our town is now down to a Chief whom used to be a patrolman. Everyone bailed to make an honest paycheck since the new dem town manager decided they spend too much on LE. And they're now on their 3rd town manager in 3 years.:(

1 hour ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Our neighboring town that also provided about 4 hours a week of mostly patrol to our town is now down to a Chief whom used to be a patrolman. Everyone bailed to make an honest paycheck since the new dem town manager decided they spend too much on LE. And they're now on their 3rd town manager in 3 years.:( The Dems are doing a hell of job, just ask them. They're so transparent!

They ARE transparent.  Real it's easy to see just how full they are of brown stuff....   :rolleyes:

Archived