SASS Wire Forum

Us baseball fans are possibly experiencing the greatest player of all time! This dude is a beast!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/shohei-ohtanis-epic-doubleheader-one-hit-shutout-in-game-1-2-homers-in-nightcap/ar-AA1erZ6u 

I’d have to agree and he’s got lots more in store for many seasons to come. Might possibly become the first Billion dollar player in the not to distant future.

I wish the Angels could put together a team with more than just Ohtani and Trout.  That would be a formidable bunch for sure.

23 minutes ago, Okie Sawbones, SASS #77381 said:

Shohei Ohtani - I have a shot for that.

Groooooaaan………

I will agree that Ohtani is a great baseball player. I think he’s fabulous as a pitcher and truly a superb hitter. I like to watch him work!

He is NOT really an everyday player. TRUE! He does DH on days when he is not on the hill, but he doesn’t play a position in the field on those days when he isn’t pitching.

I’m a huge fan of great pitchers!  Ohtani has the potential to be a great pitcher. Time will tell. He certainly is on that path and everything we see indicates that if he doesn’t succumb to injury, he’ll become a Hall of Fame pitcher.

I am sure that I am in a very small minority, but I don’t believe that players who don’t take the field every day should be recognized as “perhaps the greatest player of all time”.  It’s just one opinion and I’m certain that most others might disagree right now.

Mantle, Williams, Mays, Aaron, Yaz, Ruth, and many others like Mike Trout, Chipper Jones, Ken Griffey Jr. have all been called “perhaps the greatest player of all time” in their turn.

I’ll reserve judgment and watch from the bleachers for now.  Ohtani is definitely the “flavor of the day”!

2 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

I will agree that Ohtani is a great baseball player. I think he’s fabulous as a pitcher and truly a superb hitter. I like to watch him work!

He is NOT really an everyday player. TRUE! He does DH on days when he is not on the hill, but he doesn’t play a position in the field on those days when he isn’t pitching.

I’m a huge fan of great pitchers!  Ohtani has the potential to be a great pitcher. Time will tell. He certainly is on that path and everything we see indicates that if he doesn’t succumb to injury, he’ll become a Hall of Fame pitcher.

I am sure that I am in a very small minority, but I don’t believe that players who don’t take the field every day should be recognized as “perhaps the greatest player of all time”.  It’s just one opinion and I’m certain that most others might disagree right now.

Mantle, Williams, Mays, Aaron, Yaz, Ruth, and many others like Mike Trout, Chipper Jones, Ken Griffey Jr. have all been called “perhaps the greatest player of all time” in their turn.

I’ll reserve judgment and watch from the bleachers for now.  Ohtani is definitely the “flavor of the day”!

I see what you’re saying and I somewhat agree, but you can’t deny this guy is special. He’s the Babe Ruth of this era. Multi talented guys like this don’t come by very often.

I wonder if there was no DH if he would play right field like the Babe did? Hmmm….you bring up a valid point. 

16 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I see what you’re saying and I somewhat agree, but you can’t deny this guy is special. He’s the Babe Ruth of this era. Multi talented guys like this don’t come by very often.

I wonder if there was no DH if he would play right field like the Babe did? Hmmm….you bring up a valid point. 

Definitely special!!

I ABSOLUTELY DESPISE  the DH!!  Nolan Ryan batted! Tom Seaver batted! Whitey Ford batted! Greg Maddox and Don Drysdale batted! So did Juan Marichal!

I always thought that if you’re on the lineup card, you should swing a bat! I probably always will!!

He is a phenomenal player, the kind that comes around on rare occasion. 

I just hope that the managers/coaches don't destroy him with over use and I hope he doesn't destroy himself by believing his own hype/ego.

I sincerely wish him the best of luck.

Glad he's not in the AL East...unless, of course, he was on the TB Rays.

Archived