SASS Wire Forum

Water heater control

Rye Miles #13621

I'm still trying to deal with my low water toilet that I have to flush 2 or 3 times!! Now this??????:angry:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/new-rule-aims-to-make-outdated-home-water-heaters-cheaper-and-greener/ar-AA1ebszm

1 hour ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I'm still trying to deal with my low water toilet that I have to flush 2 or 3 times!! Now this??????:angry:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/new-rule-aims-to-make-outdated-home-water-heaters-cheaper-and-greener/ar-AA1ebszm

Had one like that.  Was replacing a water heater and getting other plumbing done so told the plumber I wanted one that really flushed.  He installed an American Standard that really does the job - no model number I can see.  My kids have one with #1 and #2 flush buttons that is very effective as well.  They call it "progress".  Living in rural America, I'm thinking of putting in a compliant outhouse just in case. Back to the future.

If the Romney's & Kerry's of the world took just one less private jet trip, the rest of could enjoy the appliances we have. Imagine how just one trip that the President takes uses in fuel, thus the pollution. But nope, let's punish the poor minions. :angry:

1 hour ago, Eyesa Horg said:

If the Romney's & Kerry's of the world took just one less private jet trip, the rest of could enjoy the appliances we have. Imagine how just one trip that the President takes uses in fuel, thus the pollution. But nope, let's punish the poor minions. :angry:

That's why the rest of us are here, to pay TAXES so that these guys CAN take their private jet trips.

2 hours ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Or for The Donald to stop .flying to NY, NC, CA, FL, Scotland and Ireland to pretend to play golf.

9 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Or for The Donald to stop .flying to NY, NC, CA, FL, Scotland and Ireland to pretend to play golf.

in case you hadn't noticed he is NOT holding public office and as a private citizen can do as he pleases with his time and assets, nor is he using taxpayer money for said flights unlike other government "representatives" for "fact finding trips" ie personal vacations paid for by public funds, and is not preaching to the public that they should give up their appliances, cars nor freedoms in the name of "climate change"

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

11 minutes ago, Gateway Kid SASS# 70038 Life said:

in case you hadn't noticed he is NOT holding public office and as a private citizen can do as he pleases with his time and assets, nor is he using taxpayer money for said flights unlike other government "representatives" for "fact finding trips" ie personal vacations paid for by public funds, and is not preaching to the public that they should give up their appliances, cars nor freedoms in the name of "climate change"

Gateway Kid

He still hauls secret service protection at public expense and they stay in his overpriced hitels

We are NOT going to solve energy problems by eliminating gas appliances and going to all electric cars. We still need petroleum to make paints, plastics, medicines and other things.  If we did go to only electric cars, the grid would not be able to handle the load. California has rolling brownouts and blackouts now. Windmills and solar panels on the ground (or your roof) won't do it either. So what's the answer? Modern nuclear powerplants for one. They can be safe and give us SOME of the electricity we need. What's the real answer?  Space based solar power satellites, beaming microwaves to rectennas on the ground, tied into the grid. What is SBSP? Satellites in geosynchronous orbit collecting energy from the sun, then converting it to microwaves that are beamed down to Earth.  Caltech just recently demonstrated the proof of concept, and several companies are looking into investing in the larger satellites that would be needed to do the job.  It won't be done tomorrow, but I would say it will be done within the next 20-30 years, or sooner. Part of it will depend on getting the cost of launching the satellites.  SpaceX is making strides in that direction, and when their Starship comes online, the costs will drop significantly.  SpaceX is NOT the only outfit developing the lower cost launches. They are, right now, in the vanguard of lowcost launches.

Ad Astra!

47 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

19 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

He still hauls secret service protection at public expense and they stay in his overpriced hitels

He pays his own way and he was the President so he gets that protection for life. Just as all the other ex-presidents do.

1 hour ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

He's not the one preaching "climate change", he thinks it's a hoax like most of us! BTW he DOES play golf and he's pretty good at it from what everyone says!

1 hour ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

To my knowledge the secret service has protected every ex president for at least the last fifty years. For life. As to where their nightly accommodations are booked that would be wherever the ex president is staying, for example Hawaii, the Caribbean, Africa for obama, Japan, China, various European countries for clinton (and spouse). Pretty sure the agents don’t stay at the local motel six. 
Gateway Kid

3 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

3 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

3 hours ago, Pat Riot said:

he was the President so he gets that protection for life. Just as all the other ex-presidents do.

2 hours ago, Gateway Kid SASS# 70038 Life said:

To my knowledge the secret service has protected every ex president for at least the last fifty years. For life.
Gateway Kid

Clinton, (as well as HER too), Bush, and Obama do the same. As will Biden if he lives long enough. 

4 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

He's not the one preaching "climate change", he thinks it's a hoax like most of us! BTW he DOES play golf and he's pretty good at it from what everyone says!

If I played golf with Mr Trump (like that’ll ever happen) I would scared to death he’d want to play for money. :lol:

I don’t play golf, but if I got invited to play a round of golf with Donald Trump I would go. 

I think the last time I swung a golf club it was 1991, I think. This excludes Putt-Putt Golf, of course. ;)

Archived