SASS Wire Forum

Classic Cowboy/Cowgirl Showdown 2024

Major Art Tillery

1 hour ago, Slick McClade said:

My wife (Miss Alotta Steel) and I are interested in attending.

Slick

It would be great to have you both join us.  If you PM me your email address I will add you to my Classic contact list, I will email updates as available.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Back to the top.  Current list of sponsored buckles/awards.

Classic Cowboy (Open Category)

Classic Cowgirl (Open Category)

Classic Cowboy Cattle Baron

Top Five Conchos (concho goes to those in the top five that did not already receive a buckle)

Thanks to all that have pitched in with Sponsorship, appreciate y'all!

If you want to help.. hit me up!

Edited by Major Art Tillery
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Lever Action Landon said:

Major/ Dantankerous

Sub categories 

I know 

Henry 

Ol Skol

BP

But what is Swagger?

The Classic Cowboy Swagger is a custom scarf slide.  It is given to a classic that "just looks the part".

Pony Soldier and I vote on it and it rotates back and forth between his classic match and mine.  It will be awarded next year at the Showdown.

Travel'n Travis

Largo Casey

High Plains Hud

Are the past three years recipients.

Just a little something for those that really look the part!  You would be a damn good candidate LAL!

• Like 4

On 8/26/2023 at 10:49 AM, Johnny Knight said:

Major, planning on making it, and I'd like to sponsor the BP buckle when you get to ordering them up to make sure we have that sub category again!

Johnny

Well thanks Johnny!! I appreciate the support!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Howdy classics!

Had a couple more buckles sponsored for the CC Showdown!

Added to the current list.

Elder Statesman Classic Cowboy

Black Powder Classic Cowboy

I hope to see entries available soon! Will keep you all posted!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I really hope I can get out there this year Major, busy time with the kiddos birthdays.  I've heard a lot of great things about this Classic Cowboy get together.  Its definitely on my bucket list!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Juan TuMany said:

I really hope I can get out there this year Major, busy time with the kiddos birthdays.  I've heard a lot of great things about this Classic Cowboy get together.  Its definitely on my bucket list!

I would be great to have you join us!

PM me your contact info and  I will add you to my email list for the Showdown

• Like 2

Shot my open tops at the State match.No misses but got a "P" on the last stage.Shot our local match last weekend.No misses but got another &$#@% P

Largo

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/27/2023 at 3:33 PM, largo casey #19191 said:

Shot my open tops at the State match.No misses but got a "P" on the last stage.Shot our local match last weekend.No misses but got another &$#@% P

Largo

Well dang it Largo...  Hope your getting them shooters figured out.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, slow poke gear said:

Is there a website to get the application?

Our web page right now is defunk, we are in the process of getting a new one going. I will be at PCC this weekend and will have entry forms with me.

Dawg

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Flinthills Dawg said:

Our web page right now is defunk, we are in the process of getting a new one going. I will be at PCC this weekend and will have entry forms with me.

Dawg

I am not going to be there this weekend but could you send one with 3 shot shamrock for me?

Last I heard we have at least 5 cowboys interested in our newest supercool non SASS category that this match will offer. CCFCGF! :D Saddle up, pilgrims. 

• Like 2

Howdy Folks!   

We have had plenty of interest for the Showdown in 2024!   Many classics have graciously offered to sponsor a buckle for several Classic Sub-categories!  This list currently includes:

-Classic Cowboy (open)

-Classic Cowboy Senior

-Classic Cowboy Elder Statesman

-Classic Cowboy Cattle Baron

-Classic Cowboy Ol' Skool (using non traditional 1873 pistols or replicas for entire match... Open tops, Schofields, ect)

-Classic Cowboy 1860 Henry (Using an 1860 Henry entire match)

-Classic Cowboy Frontier Cartridge (Black Powder)

-Classic Cowboy Frontier Cartridge Gunfighter

-Classic Cowgirl (Open)

-Conchos (for any top five classics overall that did not win a buckle)

Please contact me with what sub Category you will be signing up for so I can keep a list. 

The CC Showdown is a "match inside a match" and the sub categories that are recognized by it may differ from what the host club recognizes.  Please choose one sub Category.

Get signed up folks it is going to be a great time! The host club is still having some website issues, so feel free to contact me and I can email you an entry form.

I have already gotten a few Classic entries in!

• Like 5

Major could you send me an entry also.

I gotta figure out what class to shoot in.Elder Statesman=Ol school1860 Henry,BP.

Largo

5 hours ago, largo casey #19191 said:

Major could you send me an entry also.

I gotta figure out what class to shoot in.Elder Statesman=Ol school1860 Henry,BP.

Largo

Just resent you one via email... Let me know if you got it.  May check your spam folder just in case.

Let me know if you got it.

M.A.T.

• Like 2

On 11/10/2023 at 6:46 AM, Dantankerous said:

Last I heard we have at least 5 cowboys interested in our newest supercool non SASS category that this match will offer. CCFCGF! :D Saddle up, pilgrims. 

This is gonna be fun to watch!!

• Like 1

Everyone should keep in mind if you want to shoot in the special category of CCFCGF that in the main match entry with the club you should enter a GF category to be SASS complient and then let M.A.T. know to put you in that special CC category. :ph34r:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cowtown Scout, SASS #53540 L said:

Everyone should keep in mind if you want to shoot in the special category of CCFCGF that in the main match entry with the club you should enter a GF category to be SASS complient and then let M.A.T. know to put you in that special CC category. :ph34r:

As the match director for this event I am going to make CCFCGF its own stand alone category. So for this one event they will be SASS compliant 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, Cowtown Scout, SASS #53540 L said:

You going to make it next year pard?  Be good to see ya.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Major Art Tillery said:

You going to make it next year pard?  Be good to see ya.

It is on my calendar and I am supposed to retire the end of April next year so that is right before I will be leaving to head that way. :D

• Like 1

Major what catagory do I enter to shoot open topsHenry.& black powder?

Largo

On 11/16/2023 at 7:05 PM, largo casey #19191 said:

Largo

Working on an idea with the Ol' Skool, 1860 Henry, and 87 shooters .. I will get back with you pard.

• Like 2

On 11/16/2023 at 7:05 PM, largo casey #19191 said:

Largo

Largo, you will have to choose one Classic Sub-category 

1860 Henry

Black Powder

OL' Skool

Looking forward to you joining us again!

• Like 2