SASS Wire Forum

TO's at TN State: Posse 3

Widder, SASS #59054

Without mentioning any names, Posse 3 had GREAT T.O.'s

TN Williams was the head 'cat herder' and it seems we had SIX good T.O.'s during the match and

I thought all of them were super good, observant and did excellent work.

It was hot both days and there were a couple brain fades on the firing line.   And when the shooter

indicated they needed a little help, each time the TO knew exactly where they needed to be.

AND..... I thought ALL the spotters did a great job too.

And naturally, TN Williams showed everyone that he knows how to 'herd cats'.

Thanks EVERYONE on Posse 3.    A good Posse, T.O.'s and Spotters make the weekend even better.

..........Widder

Must be something to them "Nanner Splits" after all!  ;)

Widder's right!  And everyone made sure that not only TOs but Spotters as well didn't work too many on each stage.  One posse member showed honest concern that I was "Leaking a bit too much" in the heat, and made me sit in the shade with some water instead of continuing to spot that stage.  I felt much better after that.

2 hours ago, Diamond Jake said:

Widder's right!  And everyone made sure that not only TOs but Spotters as well didn't work too many on each stage.  One posse member showed honest concern that I was "Leaking a bit too much" in the heat, and made me sit in the shade with some water instead of continuing to spot that stage.  I felt much better after that.

Your right Jake.

Seems everyone on the Posse took care of each other in respect to work functions and the heat

and made sure we all maintained our good health during the match.

The Wartrace Regulators also did a GREAT job on making sure we all had ice water on all the stages.

I probably drank enough bottle water to use up half of my entry fee...... :lol:

There were over 225 shooters and reliable sources tell me that over 1600 bottles of water and

250 lbs of 'cold' ice were used during the match.  THANK YOU REGULATORS.

..........Widder

1 hour ago, Imis Twohofon,SASS # 46646 said:

Upon reflection and actual count probably closer to 500 pounds of ice, but who's counting

Imis

Imis, 

By now that’s water under the bridge. 

La Sombra

There was one TO I've gotta tell you about in particular. I ain't gonna come right out and tell you who it was, but it was Widder.

I'm shooting one of the simpler stages and at the beep, I come up with my rifle and double tap a big ole target what's supposed to get single tapped. I did the same thing at EOT. It ain't my fault, it was a big target and it deserved to get double tapped. Anyhow. After I finish the stage, I look back and see Widder stick his chest out real big like one of my banty roosters and he starts hollering, "did yall see that? He got a P. Tennessee got a P on this stage. He P'd on it alright"! I swear it was like when Gomer was hollering "citizen's arrest, citizen's arrest" on the Andy Griffith show. He literally picked up our announcin' microphone and got on the loudspeaker and said, "can I have your attention please....

Its called...... FREE ADVERTISEMENT.

'TN got a P...... TN got a P"!     "did you see that...... I saw that".   "2nd shot, 2nd shot"

"Hittin wrong target outta sequence is a P".

I really felt bad.  Course, that feeling could have been the beans I had for supper..... :D

I couldn't stop him from that 2nd shot.   Whats strange is that those 2 shots were the fastest shots he took during the

whole blame match.

..........Widder

I gotta ask....did they use my suggestion for the line on Stage One of "Why does that dance hall girl look like TW?"?

12 minutes ago, DeaconKC said:

I gotta ask....did they use my suggestion for the line on Stage One of "Why does that dance hall girl look like TW?"?

I think the starting line was:   "TW owns a lot of stock in TARGET".

..........Widder

1 hour ago, Imis Twohofon,SASS # 46646 said:

Aaaaand so it continues...

Imis

Does it ever stop?

La Sombra

2 hours ago, Imis Twohofon,SASS # 46646 said:

Aaaaand so it continues...

Imis

18 minutes ago, La Sombra said:

Does it ever stop?

La Sombra

Speaking of big hats. Here's Imis telling the local kids to stay off his lawn.

Screenshot_20230606_182050_Facebook.thumb.jpg.bc35bfa3fbd987898962f466c7279b24.jpg

Archived