SASS Wire Forum

Funny Photos - add some.

Pat Riot

8 minutes ago, Rip Snorter said:

The Liberator was a single shot OSS project, designed to be dropped to resistance fighters behind German lines in WWII.  https://pre98.com/shop/pending-oss-liberator-pistol-nice-original-box-original-instruction-sheet/

I know. That Bobcat looks similar. 

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, Rip Snorter said:

The Liberator was a single shot OSS project, designed to be dropped to resistance fighters behind German lines in WWII.  https://pre98.com/shop/pending-oss-liberator-pistol-nice-original-box-original-instruction-sheet/

It was a short range (5' mol) last stand weapon. A cheap pos then and an expensive pos now.

I'd love to have one.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

It was a short range (5' mol) last stand weapon. A cheap pos then and an expensive pos now.

It wasn't a last stand weapon. It was something that the Resistance Fighters could use to kill a German Soldier and commendeer his weapons. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

It wasn't a last stand weapon. It was something that the Resistance Fighters could use to kill a German Soldier and commendeer his weapons. 

I guess it would all depend upon the circumstances. It's really a one shot .45acp derringer, hardly an offensive gun.

Nostalgia aside, still a pos though.

Still would like to have one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cypress Sun said:

I'd love to have one.

One of the legends around it was that it took longer to load than to manufacture.

Now, it takes 7 to 10 seconds to reload, and Guide Lamp factories, over the short production life, turned out an average of one every 7 point something seconds.  But that doesn't really tell how long each one took because of multiple assembly lines and many workers doing the machine work and assembly.

Edited by Subdeacon Joe
  • Like 1

I saw a Liberator at a gun show a few months back. The seller had a. $425 price tag on it. The guy had it in a display case. Upon closer inspection something just didn’t look right. It was a reproduction. The guy selling it came over and stated it was a reproduction then flipped up the little sign that said so on it. Someone had knocked it over. 

You can buy them here:

https://vintageordnance.com/t/fp-45-liberator-pistol

This actually looks like what he had for his display. 
IMG_3706.webp.6e593194cdb77d7650864a300008ac24.webp

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Pat Riot said:

I have the version in .22 Short.  Fifty bucks plus DROS.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

I guess it would all depend upon the circumstances. It's really a one shot .45acp derringer, hardly an offensive gun.

Nostalgia aside, still a pos though.

Still would like to have one.

Came with five rounds in the hollow grip.

9 hours ago, Pat Riot said:

mematicMeme.gif.14c977594d3fec3e876c56b3a62d6f20.gif

You know, I get the point. But "this idiot" - I understand what's going on with him completely.

The sign says "wet paint do not pass". That tells me that the yellow stripe is wet paint. So he is staying far away from the yellow stripe so he won't drive on the wet paint. Sign don't say diddly poop about the white stripe being wet. It says the yellow stripe is.

• Like 1