SASS Wire Forum

Where's the Snow?

For the first time in my memory, it looks like we are going to finish a winter with no appreciable snowfall.

Now, we did retire to Cape Cod 2 years ago, and the Cape does tend to be a bit more temperate than the mainland, but despite the relocation we usually got at least 2 storms and several lesser accumulations every year.  This year, we dusted the driveway a couple of times, but nothing to justify a plow, a snowblower or even a shovel.  No salt spread.

I'm getting the impression that global warming may actually be a thing.

LL

You can have some of mine!

Wind swept back yard and the driveway in front of the house. 

12 HP, two augers and an impellor equipped snow blower can't get it any higher!

2023 Backyard and sheds IMG_2862 (3).JPG

2023 End od DrivewayIMG_2858.JPG

NE Ohio is about 40 “ below average. We did get 3” today but 50’s this week! 

2 hours ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

For the first time in my memory, it looks like we are going to finish a winter with no appreciable snowfall.

Now, we did retire to Cape Cod 2 years ago, and the Cape does tend to be a bit more temperate than the mainland, but despite the relocation we usually got at least 2 storms and several lesser accumulations every year.  This year, we dusted the driveway a couple of times, but nothing to justify a plow, a snowblower or even a shovel.  No salt spread.

I'm getting the impression that global warming may actually be a thing.

LL

You've just cursed the Northeast, now we are going to get an April snowstorm that dumps a foot or more of snow on us!  :P

Loophole Larue:

I called my former co-workers with the City and they are packaging up some snow for you.

NO-NO, Don't thank me!

Snow Removal December 28, 2013 Folder 2 032 (2).JPG

Snow Removal December 28, 2013 Folder 2 032 (3).JPG

unnamed (2).jpg

unnamed (5).jpg

My wife and I were discussing how many sunny and mild days we have had here in West Virginia this winter. As a kid, in my hometown just 25 miles north of us, winters were grey, cold and lots of snow storms. I recall it getting cloudy in October and it staying gray until mid March and into April sometimes. 

It’s my theory that the world is wobbling on its axis due to the magnetic North Pole shifting these past couple of decades. I don’t have any alphabet groups behind my name so my theory is probably invalid, but that’s my theory. 
Pretty sure more taxes would help to repair things…

30 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

My wife and I were discussing how many sunny and mild days we have had here in West Virginia this winter. As a kid, in my hometown just 25 miles north of us, winters were grey, cold and lots of snow storms. I recall it getting cloudy in October and it staying gray until mid March and into April sometimes. 

It’s my theory that the world is wobbling on its axis due to the magnetic North Pole shifting these past couple of decades. I don’t have any alphabet groups behind my name so my theory is probably invalid, but that’s my theory. 
Pretty sure more taxes would help to repair things…

I'm hoping it's global warming!!! I'd like to see palm trees here in Ohio pretty soon!!:P

Back in 71-73, I remember taking the shop Land Cruiser out in the snow on the Cape, to rescue customers.
Also back then, the Cape was seasonal and after Labor Day, the prices of steaks and lobster dropped back to what the year 'round folks could afford.
My... how things change.

Archived