SASS Wire Forum

Russian Training

Just saw a news clip on YouTube from CNN.  Some Russian soldiers were sitting in a dirty room taking videos on their phones and posting them.  They said they had been drafted 11 days ago, boarded a bus in Moscow and were dumped on the front lines in Ukraine.  Their total training - they each got to fire three rounds out of their rifles.  Just like in Afghanistan Russian mothers will ultimately be the ones that stop the war.

25 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

All of this could be stopped just by killing ONE person.

Yep, I’m surprised someone didn’t do that long ago. 

3 hours ago, Buckshot Bear said:

Anyone see the Youtube videos of the Ukraine drones dropping single hand grenades on Russians sitting in fox holes, down tank turrets etc etc ?

Both sides are using drones to drop grenades and other explosives on each other.

3 hours ago, Buckshot Bear said:

Anyone see the Youtube videos of the Ukraine drones dropping single hand grenades on Russians sitting in fox holes, down tank turrets etc etc ?

Много, много. Oh, sorry, many many videos.  And they are all pro-UAF. I did not see a single pro Russian video.

16 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

If Russia had any success at this game, there would be videos everywhere.

I suspect that 99% of the operators are inept. I also believe that a lot of them are being used on Ukrainian civilians and they do not want to document their war crimes. 

I’ve seen some dropping mortar rounds but not grenades.

22 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

I suspect that 99% of the operators are inept. I also believe that a lot of them are being used on Ukrainian civilians and they do not want to document their war crimes. 

Russia’s excuse has been that the drones that they bought from Iran don’t work.

There has often been a question of “Where is the rest of the Russian Army?”

many are Air Force, most are on the other Russian borders, the longest of which is with China.   :rolleyes:  

I saw a report that they have reassigned the 18 MGAD (machine gun and artillery division) from the Pacific coast to Donetsk. It is not a mobile unit so the thought is that it can defend a static location.  It is only a 3500 man division. I imagine the trans Siberia railway has a busy week.

More about Russia’s 18 MGAD. It was defending the Kuril Islands which СССР, USSR, took from Japan after WW2 and Russia does not want to give back. I think 18 MGAD has gotten fat and lazy.

Now Japan would dearly love to get those islands back and with no shore batteries, hmmmm.

patch of 18 MGAD

DDDD0452-C5FF-4D9C-86AC-111329F7EE23.jpeg

Archived