SASS Wire Forum

SASS to the Bones

Seven

back in my teens, when we still rode dinosaurs. I was a SASS shooter!   I had a daisy lever action rifle. a Daisey SxS. and a SAA hand gun.  Then dad gave me his old pump rifle.  I made enough money shooting locust and mice to keep me in ammo.  Any wonder I shoot SASS now ?  Dreams do come true.

My first BB gun was a Daisy lever action and I shot thousands of BBs through it.

John Wayne movies, Marty Robbins' songs, Louis L'Amour books and a Daisy lever action BB gun. No wonder I have so much fun in cowboy action shooting.

My Daisy was a pump, and I don't think I ever hit a single thing with it, never figured out where it shot.  However, unscrewing and removing the magazine/bore, rolling some marbles down the barrel, laying it flat on the floor and firing to knock over a bunch of little green army men was a lot of fun. :)

My buddy and I used to get tired of trying to pour BBs out of the old style cardboard cylinders into our Daisy's.  We learned that if you took a big mouthful of BBs and pursed your lips against the hole you could spit all the BBs into the gun without spilling any.  Needless to say years later we had rust problems, but it was fun while it lasted. 

I had the one with a yellowish stock. Countless tubes of BB's went thru that thing. Cops took it, something to do with Xmas lights :ph34r: IIRC :(

11 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

My buddy and I used to get tired of trying to pour BBs out of the old style cardboard cylinders into our Daisy's.  We learned that if you took a big mouthful of BBs and pursed your lips against the hole you could spit all the BBs into the gun without spilling any.  Needless to say years later we had rust problems, but it was fun while it lasted. 

Your dentists loved it! We would make a little trough with thumb and index finger of the off hand and pour in a tube at a time.  Who is old enough to remember the Red tubes?

On 9/27/2022 at 7:04 AM, Captain Bill Burt said:

Loaded many thousand BBs just like that. Probably swallowed a few along the way! 

15 hours ago, Mister Badly said:

If someone ever uses a metal detector in my parents backyard they are going to be so mad.

My son and his buds had airsoft guns.  Many a battle in our yard. I still find the plastic airsoft ammo whenever I work in the yard. Still bright green, red, yellow.  I suspect they will be there long after I am gone. 

Archived