SASS Wire Forum

Check the schedule for EOT!!

I finally checked the schedule and to my surprise the main match is Wednesday through Friday.   Good thing I finally checked it

4 hours ago, Cheyenne Culpepper 32827 said:

I finally checked the schedule and to my surprise the main match is Wednesday through Friday.   Good thing I finally checked it

Shanley and I were just talking about that this evening!!!

I was thinking I should post something for 'those' who have assumed match starts on Thursday!!!

Glad you looked!!!

34 minutes ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Shanley and I were just talking about that this evening!!!

I was thinking I should post something for 'those' who have assumed match starts on Thursday!!!

Glad you looked!!!

You mean it's not a typo??????

Just now, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Ha! You know, we all just need to read the info put out for us.

Kinda like wanting the rules, read the handbook! 

(Yeah, yeah...don't start!)

My experiences with EOT is 17 years...WR almost the same and I believe that it's always been Thursday thru Saturday. So yeah, I'm surprised... But didn't effect me since I'm not going this year:(

Would suck if some folks made an assumption and didn't ask for the right days off.

Phantom

6 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

My experiences with EOT is 17 years...WR almost the same and I believe that it's always been Thursday thru Saturday. So yeah, I'm surprised... But didn't effect me since I'm not going this year:(

Would suck if some folks made an assumption and didn't ask for the right days off.

Phantom

Again...always check and not assume, right?

We have 3 easy travel days and have weekends 'free' , so it does not cause issue for us.

Being we are done Friday, and awards are Sat...we can leave and go South to see family in Goergia...and still not need the extra vaca days.

I kinda like the idea...yet, with EOT going back to 'normal' in Phx next year...and WB at the same match, I don't see how main match (with side match) can be moved up a day. But that is a topic for its ownself.

Well I know the schedule is posted...believe it or not I'm smart enough to navigate the site :o

I'm just a bit surprised...that's all. And I be further surprised if I'm the only one...that's surprised. For some it'll save a day's vacation and for other's it won't as some may have to take Tuesday off for travel rather than Wednesday...but no biggie.

And thanks Cypress Sun for the link...I just woulda never found the schedule without it:mellow:

Phantom...out!

1 hour ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Well I know the schedule is posted...believe it or not I'm smart enough to navigate the site :o

I'm just a bit surprised...that's all. And I be further surprised if I'm the only one...that's surprised. For some it'll save a day's vacation and for other's it won't as some may have to take Tuesday off for travel rather than Wednesday...but no biggie.

And thanks Cypress Sun for the link...I just woulda never found the schedule without it:mellow:

Phantom...out!

Okay poopey!!

I (as well as Cypress) were trying to be nice!!:P

Oh...did I say poopey...I meant sweetie!!!

38 minutes ago, Frontier Lone Rider said:

Where do you find which wave you are shooting?

That will be once posses are posted.

We find out when we pick up our registration packets!

If travel is a worry, have someone find out for you once they post posses...

I often found out posse assignment and wave for Lill Mgill as she usually was traveling the day before main match!

6 minutes ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Okay poopey!!

I (as well as Cypress) were trying to be nice!!:P

Oh...did I say poopey...I meant sweetie!!!

I wasn't trying to snarky with ya...I just find the whole diversion from the traditional times interesting.

Phantom

Just now, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

I wasn't trying to snarky with ya...I just find the whole diversion from the traditional times interesting.

Phantom

I am used to snarky...I fall a bit on the snark, myself.

I really have no ideas on the way they set the schedule...

I am just thankful they are having the match!

Most likely it was to allow many to travel home Sat pm and all day Sunday...to work Monday morning.

We would be able to do that if need was there.

(PS...hug the lovely lady for me!)

3 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

I just find the whole diversion from the traditional times interesting.

Phantom

Howdy Pard! Well, they probably changed the schedule so people could attend the church of their choosing on Sunday. I know that most monthly shoots in Utah are on Saturday so people can go to church on Sunday.

4 minutes ago, Innocent Bystander said:

Howdy Pard! Well, they probably changed the schedule so people could attend the church of their choosing on Sunday. I know that most monthly shoots in Utah are on Saturday so people can go to church on Sunday.

Well...most folks will probably be traveling on Sunday now so...

And then there's the fact that our level of church attendance hasn't much changed during the last 17 years that I've been doing this game...so...why change now?

Or is it that the organizers of this year's EOT want to go to their Church on Sunday...but...wait...don't we have "Cowboy Church" services usually????

Hmmmmm...God bless ya Innocent Bystander, but I'm not buying your argument :P

1 hour ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Eeeks!!! Where was this one located???

Google SASS EOT schedule

It is the first result

This goes in line with the topic last week. Know what you are putting out on your website. Ensure that the data is accurate and current. Also, know how that info is being used.

2 hours ago, Branchwater Jack SASS #88854 said:

https://sassnet.com/EoT/schedule.php

This schedule is a bit different...

That was the schedule when it was going to be at Founders Ranch before it was moved.

8 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Phantom

I believe the schedule had to do with the host club doing my their state match following EOT. They needed the time to change over from EOT and get ready for the state match.

1 hour ago, Branchwater Jack SASS #88854 said:

Google SASS EOT schedule

It is the first result

This goes in line with the topic last week. Know what you are putting out on your website. Ensure that the data is accurate and current. Also, know how that info is being used.

Okay. Thanks.

I knew it was not on any SASS page.

26 minutes ago, Cowtown Scout, SASS #53540 L said:

That was the schedule when it was going to be at Founders Ranch before it was moved.

Why is an OBE schedule still on the SASS website, linked from multiple other locations, and the top result on Google?

3 minutes ago, Branchwater Jack SASS #88854 said:

Why is an OBE schedule still on the SASS website, linked from multiple other locations, and the top result on Google?

That is an excellent question.

I see only the new schedule for the new venue and dates.

I looked on SASSNET.COM...from the source, you might say.

I can't deny these outdated links are showing up when someone Googles...

One of the downfalls of internet, I suppose...

I remember Regional match, a couple years ago sent out an email with a schedule that the start time of one event, the RO class, was off by an hour from what the planned schedule was. I remember the headache and the fallout from that, just covering one event and one hour.

I would hate to think about the fallout from having two schedules out there that are a day or two off.

The schedule, on SASS's official website, sassnet.com, says it's updated for 2021. The information is only out there, and available on Google and here on the wire and elsewhere, because SASS makes it available.

https://www.sassnet.com/EoT/schedule.php

3 minutes ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

I looked on SASSNET.COM...from the source, you might say.

I can't deny these outdated links are showing up when someone Googles...

One of the downfalls of internet, I suppose...

The page is on sassnet.com. Are you saying that SASS does not have control over what they put out on their own website? If there is a sign of a downfall, it is not the Internet's fault...

4 minutes ago, Branchwater Jack SASS #88854 said:

I remember Regional match, a couple years ago sent out an email with a schedule that the start time of one event, the RO class, was off by an hour from what the planned schedule was. I remember the headache and the fallout from that, just covering one event and one hour.

I would hate to think about the fallout from having two schedules out there that are a day or two off.

The schedule, on SASS's official website, sassnet.com, says it's updated for 2021. The information is only out there, and available on Google and here on the wire and elsewhere, because SASS makes it available.

https://www.sassnet.com/EoT/schedule.php

The page is on sassnet.com. Are you saying that SASS does not have control over what they put out on their own website? If there is a sign of a downfall, it is not the Internet's fault...

I am saying, when I go to SASSNET.COM...I see EOT, the 40th at Etna Green.

When I tap that and the schedule, it pulls up the schedule for Etna Green.

That is what I am saying.

I am sure the SASS office is now aware of the old schedule still being out there, and will do what they can.

6 minutes ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

I am saying, when I go to SASSNET.COM...I see EOT, the 40th at Etna Green.

When I tap that and the schedule, it pulls up the schedule for Etna Green.

That is what I am saying.

I am sure the SASS office is now aware of the old schedule still being out there, and will do what they can.

Yep. We broke the link for the outdated schedule and posted the new one/page under a new link from our SASS home page. Seems google held onto that old one. I will get into the web files tomorrow and delete the page entirely. 

Misty

2 minutes ago, Misty Moonshine said:

Yep. We broke the link for the outdated schedule and posted the new one/page under a new link from our SASS home page. Seems google held onto that old one. I will get into the web files tomorrow and delete the page entirely. 

Misty

You Rock Misty!

17 minutes ago, Raton Rick said:

Can someone not registered for the main match shoot the side matches?

I doubt that.

But, call and speak to CCTop...

Contact info on the Paradise Pass page.

Because of the 500 competitor limit this year, there were no Conventioneer options either.

Glad I saw this string. We were able to chg all of our RV reservations, but it wasn't easy.

Archived