SASS Wire Forum

Non-SASS: Smith & Wesson model 25 Classic

Pat Riot

Well, long story short I picked up my S&W model 25 Classic yesterday.

What a nice revolver. I took it to the range right away and tried 3 loads in it that my Vaqueros like. The 25 likes them too. I just had to take some “nicer than range” shots of it this morning. They aren’t as nice as @Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663’s photos but the gun looks nice. 
235AACAB-0786-425D-9FC5-4B03C60D4449.thumb.jpeg.5c0e1dcd78767f0c620f2244a7f62b71.jpeg

87376E21-362D-428A-9E65-7C72F30372AC.thumb.jpeg.81ce2acc68b744cc425caad6795eabb6.jpeg

I still have my left hand in a brace so shooting was all one handed / free hand. It really seems to like my 900 FPS 205 grain RNFP load best. I had such a great time shooting this revolver. I truly believe it may become my favorite, of course all my revolvers are “favorites”, but this one might be extra special.

9E815677-70B4-4FC3-8E59-86AF2CDB48AB.thumb.jpeg.05509e1e0d8e9ca382d714c25f0747a8.jpeg

As a confirmed S&W snob, I love that!

Well done Pat!

I suspect the “spray and pray” shooters in nearby lanes were impressed with your duelist groups.  It’s juvenile I know, but I strive to put small groups out there for them to look at while they are rapidly emptying their bottom feeders.  :lol:

37 minutes ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

Well done Pat!

I suspect the “spray and pray” shooters in nearby lanes were impressed with your duelist groups.  It’s juvenile I know, but I strive to put small groups out there for them to look at while they are rapidly emptying their bottom feeders.  :lol:

Actually, they pay no attention to me. Which is fine with me. Actually, I do see the younger guys that work at the range checking out my revolvers through the windows between the range counter and the range. Actually, now that I think about it, these guys do ask me how long it took to learn to shoot one handed...with both hands. :) (when I don’t have a brace on one of my hands) :lol:

33 minutes ago, MAYOBARD SASS #13025L said:

The speed loaders for this pistol also fit Schofields and my American.

Thanks Mayo :D

Is that the pair of Smith & Wessons you let me shoot a couple of stages with years ago? Cool guns! B)

33 minutes ago, Alpo said:

On a similar note, the speedloaders for a Model 29 fit a number 3 Russian.

And a 44 Hand Ejector, and a Model 24/624.  

Archived