SASS Wire Forum

OK, who got registered for EOT?!

Fireball #7709 Life

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just got an Email from SASS that said I was REALLY in.  I guess that was the official confirmation.  Apparently the electronic generated receipt from the SASS store wasn't official.  Hopefully, I'm good to go now.  

1 hour ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

I just got an Email from SASS that said I was REALLY in.  I guess that was the official confirmation.  Apparently the electronic generated receipt from the SASS store wasn't official.  Hopefully, I'm good to go now.  

Look Georgia Law Dog, Law don't go around here.

It appears that no Idahoans are attending. I saw neither Montana nor Wyoming pards listed. Is this  an Eastern event?

I tried to register early for the original venue sans success. Since  I'm an El Rey, this was to be my very last EOT.

Any other ancient shooters going?

I must admit it's heartening to see so many Eastern names getting to enter.

11 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Any of you LFC gals willing to swing over to LFCD...PLEASE DO!!

We have 2, need only one more!!!

My wife Lil Feathers would have been one, but we didn't make the cut.  Hope you find your 3rd!

3 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

You might still...don't give up yet!

While I appreciate the positivity, (and I have not cancelled our Hotel reservations just yet B)) I think that our chances at this point are pretty much non-existent unless they raise the shooter limit, and I completely understand how that might just not be practical.  I mentioned in a couple of the other EOT threads that I was never able to get the online application to process and by the time I read about printing and faxing, SASS had pulled everything from the website, so we are not even on the wait list.  I even email SASS HQ asking if there would be a wait list, but never heard back and I just figured they were so overbooked that it really wasn't an option at that point.

According to the last time I looked, they were at 408 registered shooters, with 97 "On Holds".  Even if all of the "On Holds" are either already booked or decide not to come, there were 154 shooters of the wait list.  So, unless SASS magically bumps the number to 700, and we can magically appear on the Wait List before it expands another 100 shooter, it's not going to happen.  Be nice if it did as we planned this a year ago as our personal schedules require a 12-18 month advance scheduling window, but Life Happens and we have to make due with the cards we are dealt.

We have a while to go before we lose anything by holding on to our hotel reservations, but by keeping them, it is affecting other Cowboys who may need them.  I will probably hold off until the "On Holds" officially expire (and maybe call SASS on Monday to see about getting put on the tail  end of the wait list (should have just called on Monday when I was having online issues) but if there is not a reasonable possibility of making it at that point, I will just move on and wish everyone well.

I do hope you get your 3rd LFCD shooter for the match.  I distinctly remember our trip in 2016 when as I recall, you became the 3rd for Lil Feathers so she could shoot her category, and then you didn't even make it to the match so we could say Thanks.  Kept thinking we would cross paths somewhere down the line, but it didn't happen.  So a hearty Thank You, even if it is a little (Whole Lot) late! :blush:

9 minutes ago, Dogmeat Dad, SASS #48563L said:

While I appreciate the positivity, (and I have not cancelled our Hotel reservations just yet B)) I think that our chances at this point are pretty much non-existent unless they raise the shooter limit, and I completely understand how that might just not be practical.  I mentioned in a couple of the other EOT threads that I was never able to get the online application to process and by the time I read about printing and faxing, SASS had pulled everything from the website, so we are not even on the wait list.  I even email SASS HQ asking if there would be a wait list, but never heard back and I just figured they were so overbooked that it really wasn't an option at that point.

According to the last time I looked, they were at 408 registered shooters, with 97 "On Holds".  Even if all of the "On Holds" are either already booked or decide not to come, there were 154 shooters of the wait list.  So, unless SASS magically bumps the number to 700, and we can magically appear on the Wait List before it expands another 100 shooter, it's not going to happen.  Be nice if it did as we planned this a year ago as our personal schedules require a 12-18 month advance scheduling window, but Life Happens and we have to make due with the cards we are dealt.

We have a while to go before we lose anything by holding on to our hotel reservations, but by keeping them, it is affecting other Cowboys who may need them.  I will probably hold off until the "On Holds" officially expire (and maybe call SASS on Monday to see about getting put on the tail  end of the wait list (should have just called on Monday when I was having online issues) but if there is not a reasonable possibility of making it at that point, I will just move on and wish everyone well.

I do hope you get your 3rd LFCD shooter for the match.  I distinctly remember our trip in 2016 when as I recall, you became the 3rd for Lil Feathers so she could shoot her category, and then you didn't even make it to the match so we could say Thanks.  Kept thinking we would cross paths somewhere down the line, but it didn't happen.  So a hearty Thank You, even if it is a little (Whole Lot) late! :blush:

2016, my sweet mom was called home.

On June 16th.

I was at EOT...it was healing to be around the family...but I think(?) I may have decided not to shoot.

We will cross paths I'm sure...we retire in 4 years and plan to explore the Eastern clubs!!!

On 2/11/2021 at 1:31 PM, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

You're welcome, I had just spoke with the office canceling mine and the wifes entries.

The one time EOT is EAST we cant attend because we will be on a summer trip WEST with the granddaughter.

The whole trip was planned so we could shoot EOT and it kinda took on a life of its own.

Archived