SASS Wire Forum

Baseball new rules

Rye Miles #13621

Extra innings has ALWAYS been "Free Baseball"!!  All of these rules to "Shorten the Game" should be discarded and the designated hitter with 'em!!

AS far as the time spent at the game,  IF YOU DON'T HAVE TIME TO WATCH THE GAME.....DON'T GO!!!

I’m hoping against hope that some of these rules will eventually be repealed when the Covid thing passes.

And I have Always been against the DH.  In my opinion it interferes with part of the strategy battle of the managers. 
They keep tweaking the game like this and I switch to Curling. :angry:

26 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

They keep tweaking the game like this and I switch to Curling

The sport where the Skip always takes a knee!

Lisa and I really like watching curling.   A good combination of skill, strategy,  and luck.

2 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Lisa and I really like watching curling.   A good combination of skill, strategy,  and luck.

Slow motion shuffleboard. :lol:

15 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

I enjoy curling also. My former boss played on an amature curling team here in Seattle. 

He never talked about it much. I guess he was very  good and modest, or not so good and wise. 

Great guy though. Sadly he passed some years back. Crackerjack Salmon fisherman though. 

As a much younger man I played golf with a native of Canada.  Whenever I got a long putt close to the hole he would say, “Good weight!” I asked what the heck he meant.   He said it was a compliment from curling.  

So of course then he had to educate me about curling, too!

I would rather watch curling than a lot of stuff on the tube.

I don’t mind the universal DH, at least both leagues play by the same Rules, if They got rid of the DH that would fine also.

50 minutes ago, Ace_of_Hearts said:

They are turning baseball into a babies game.

Hopefully it's just this season!

51 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Hopefully it's just this season!

No... They ruined it for me several years ago.

You can't brush back the batter. 

You can't take someone out baserunning.....

And don't knock over the poor defenseless catcher.

And the list goes on.

Regardless of everything mentioned above ... it’s time for Colorado at Texas.
Play Ball sez I. :lol:

See ya later.

MLB has been looking for ways to speed up the game.  As society has changed, people have become far more impatient.  Admittedly, as a student of the game, I understand that there is ACTION taking place ALL THE TIME, even when it appears nothing is going on.  Also admittedly, I understand that if you are not a student of the game, you have no idea about that and everything appears boring.  It isn't; there is tons going on, but you have to really study the game to know that.

I'd say 99.9999% of fans do not study the game, so MLB wants to keep selling tickets and made a new extra innings rule to help decide games faster, and to cater to those non-students.

Just to add, MLB will not be using this extra inning rule for the playoffs. This is the perfect season to try out some things. 

PLAY BALL!!

10 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Just to add, MLB will not be using this extra inning rule for the playoffs. This is the perfect season to try out some things. 

PLAY BALL!!

Normally they try new things in the minors but MiLB cancelled everything this year.

Royals vs Indians, game tied, extra innings. Royals start the 10th with a guy a second base. The batter bunts the guy over to 3rd. Next batter hits a long fly ball scoring the runner. Royals ahead. The Indians get up and load the bases and everyone else struck out game over Royals win!!

God I love baseball!!;)

21 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I’m hoping against hope that some of these rules will eventually be repealed when the Covid thing passes.

And I have Always been against the DH.  In my opinion it interferes with part of the strategy battle of the managers. 
They keep tweaking the game like this and I switch to Curling. :angry:

I hate to break your heart Bob, but curling is allowing artificial bristles on their brooms now.

Archived