SASS Wire Forum

Day 5

Day 5 of Social Distancing

In my best Morgan Freeman voice:

We are over 100 hours in ...

My people are near the edge ..

The sudden cold weather and rain has dampened their hope of outside activities, which included standing on the carport and wishing they could go to town..

The whole house other than me is trying to tick tock, whatever the hell that is ...

Sadly , the others have no rhythm, nor pass times, and are not happy about being told to amuse themselves...

I’ve been threatened for sharing on social media, so I am posting this from the bathroom, using my phone...

Don’t hate ...times are tough and I need cake ...

It's the wrong week to run out of bourbon ....

I need a new vice ....

We will get thru this ....

Stay strong ..

All I have here is half a bottle of Scotch, a pint of Bulliet rye, a pint of Grand Marnier, and I located a pint of E&J brandy in my sister-in-law’s pantry. 

And 5 bottles of Corona, but I’m not that fond of Corona...either bottled or viral. And it’s raining..

My liquor cabinet is 2,000 miles away. How’s that for depressing?

I have a gallon of apple pie, half of a quart of vodka, half of a fifth of Bulliet bourbon, three cases of the green Coca Cola Life in 12oz cans, a case of regular coke, a case of ginger ale, two pounds of ground beef, three pounds of country sausage and a pound of hot country sausage, three pounds of bacon, a 5pack of Nathan's restaurant style hotdogs, half a pound of smoked ham, a big bag of frozen biscuits, two pound-and-a-half top sirloin steaks, a loaf of marbled rye bread, a dozen ciabata rolls, a freezer full of quickie style, microwavable snacks, a few pounds of chicken breasts, and three pounds of turkey sausage.  There's lots of fruit juices and two gallons of spicy V8, two boxes of cereal, several partial bags of chips, a box of crackers, a bottle of mustard, five cans of tuna, two dozen eggs, some cream cheese, some cottage cheese, two jars of "natural" peanut butter, (all the regular peanut butter was sold out), a box of brown sugar, and four cans of chicken soup.

With the exception of the beverages, this was yesterday's shopping list.  We didn't need toilet paper, but we got paper plates.  The guy who owns the grocery was carrying bundles and cases of toilet paper to the shelves the whole time we were there and folks were carting it off just as fast as it hit the shelves!!  They had a sign up asking folks to only get one bread item because the bread truck wouldn't be back 'til Monday and that everyone orta' be able to get some bread.

My gym is open and it's right next to the local Wally World.  I reckon I'll stop in there when I finish my workout tomorrow.  We forgot paper towels and I need some steel wool and some gun oil.

Things are really peaceful here in semi-rural Middle Tennessee!  I can hit the intrastate in Ol' Green and run a hundred twenty miles an hour for several miles before traffic starts getting in the way. :lol: :lol:  B)B)

4 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

All I have here is half a bottle of Scotch, a pint of Bulliet rye, a pint of Grand Marnier, and I located a pint of E&J brandy in my sister-in-law’s pantry. 

And 5 bottles of Corona, but I’m not that fond of Corona...either bottled or viral. And it’s raining..

Liquor stores here in MN deliver.  Is there a Total Wine location in your area?  I got a shipment from them last week.

2 hours ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

Should be "no sweat" Bob.  Gasoline be under 2 bucks a gallon is some places.  Right at 2 bucks most places.  Cheap gas'll get ya home in no time.

Just not sure when we can leave for home. Could be a couple more months. :(

I’m in day 8 and ready to go nuts. My truck hasn’t moved in a week.

31 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

I’m in day 8 and ready to go nuts. My truck hasn’t moved in a week.

Yeah. Ditto. I’ll be able to go out tomorrow. But it will be to the cancer center for Carol’s treatment session. And I’m not allowed in the building. So I’ll sit in the car for 3 hours. In the rain. :(

3 hours ago, Tex Jones, SASS 2263 said:

Liquor stores here in MN deliver.  Is there a Total Wine location in your area?  I got a shipment from them last week.

No dice. Only wine and beer available. No whiskey.

5 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

What about South Carolina? 

Check this place out. It’s just across the border on I-77. 

http://www.frugalmacdoogal.net/

If they have curbside pickup. I’ll call em tomorrow.

3 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Yeah. Ditto. I’ll be able to go out tomorrow. But it will be to the cancer center for Carol’s treatment session. And I’m not allowed in the building. So I’ll sit in the car for 3 hours. In the rain. :(

Ugg. How many more treatments?

12 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Oh, sister-in-law's pantry. For a second there I thought you said pan.... never mind.

Archived