SASS Wire Forum

Is there any rule about female uniformed cops and long hair?

Alpo

I've read, time and again, how when uniformed cops wear a necktie they wear a clip on. If, in a struggle, the bad guy grabs a necktie, it pulls off in his hand. But if they had a real necktie, wrapped around their neck, the bad guy has them.

So I saw this comic this morning, and it occurred to me that if the bad guy grabbed her dreads, he's got her.

So I wondered if Police department had policy about this?

IMG_20190826_072021.jpg

The hair length and color etc. is part of the dress and grooming policies set by each department.  In my agency, the hair could not touch the collar while wearing the uniform.  Also, no dreadlocks, mohawks, beards or any non-naturally occurring hair coloring was allowed.  Every agency is free to set their own policies.

I was one of three bearded lawmen in the state, back when dirt was young etc.
Chief Logan PD showed me how unwise it was to have enough facial hair to be gripped.
I reported for duty the next day with my face fur considerably abbreviated!

I have seen female officers with hairstyles that ranged from like a military “bob” cut to moderately long hair. It all depends on department policy, as Badlands Bob said. 

I would imagine they could put their hair up and keep it under their cap. Just a thought!^_^

11 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

You mean to tell me all female police officers aren't long-haired, gorgeous, well-endowed brunettes like on the TV shows? :unsure:

There's a long haired blonde beauty in my town and everytime I see her I tempted to run a red light! :wub:

1 hour ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

You mean to tell me all female police officers aren't long-haired, gorgeous, well-endowed brunettes like on the TV shows? :unsure:

I worked with one ... Sondra Mae ... she kept hers military short, though, and she was pretty good in a fight.
Matter of fact I've been asked if I have a heart condition because of her.
There's a calcified knot beside my breast bone that aches when the weather changes, and I rub it when it hurts, and ... well, the Marshal said "We're having baton practice, Keller, you're with Baker," and my life passed before my eyes.

The Chinese have a saying: never give a sword to a man who cannot dance, and Sondra Mae could dance like a feather on the breeze, and she could handle the Monadnock PR24 sidehandle baton like a blademaster handles a fencing foil.

She found a one-tenth of a second hole in my guard, she caught me with the short end, she took the starch out of me immediately if not sooner!

Fast forward 35 years ...

I had a CT scan to rule out pneumonia and the radiologist asked me if I'd ever had a broken rib.

It took me two weeks to remember ... that's where she tagged me ... there's a big ugly calcium knot where broken cartilage healed like broken bone.

It aches as I type this.

The gift that keeps on giving!

And yes, Sandy was a treat for the eyes, she was the sweetest soul you'd ever want to meet, until she flipped her switch, then she ... wasn't.

Let's just say she was gorgeous, she was a good partner and she was effective!

Watching Cops and Live PD, seen every type, length, and how worn hair style.   Beards, long hair, shaved heads etc. There's a Youtube video of a women cop trying to get a female out of a car. Cop has long hair. Suspect grabs cops hair and gorilla grip won't let go. They go to ground, backup shows up. Female cop yells cut my hair, cut my hair. Not a good situation.

Call me old fashioned but cops with full arm sleeves of tattoos just looks unprofessional.

Ike

On 8/26/2019 at 11:06 PM, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

The hair length and color etc. is part of the dress and grooming policies set by each department.  In my agency, the hair could not touch the collar while wearing the uniform.  Also, no dreadlocks, mohawks, beards or any non-naturally occurring hair coloring was allowed.  Every agency is free to set their own policies.

No Mohawks' ..what's the world coming to !!:lol:

Archived