SASS Wire Forum

Does anyone use Bear Creek Bullets?

Montague Kid

My bullet distributor, www.lplbullets.com  has "Bear Creek Bullets" which are Moly coated. I've used other moly and poly coated bullets before, wondering if anyone has input on this brand. the prices look really good and even offer free shipping on bulk orders. 

thanks, MK

Been shooting bear creek bullets for about 10 years now. They work great. I have used 96gr 105gr 125gr 148gr 158gr in 38sp..... 205gr in 45 colt and 230gr rn in 45 acp. 

I’ve used them for 10 years or so. Great bullets, a little slippery.

I have been using their bullets for .38-55 long range for about 14 years and now am using some 125 grain bullets for .38 Special.  Excellent bullets.

Good Bullets been using them over 15 years.  Have won many National and World titles with their bullets in 45ACP and big bore rifle bullets. 

Bear Creek lists a number of hollow base bullets in different calibers.  These might be handy for someone needing the slug to bump up to an oversize bore, perhaps?

Steve at Bear Creek does a great job making reliable, repeatable, and accurately-cast and coated bullets. His prices are fair, and he make the full range to bullet shapes, sizes, and calibers..

RR

That's what I used when I first started shooting cowboy.  Later I switched to BP and Big Lube bullets, but I use Bear Creek Bullets when I shoot Wild Bunch.  I load my .45 Colt ammo with the 255gr and .45ACP with the 230gr.  They work great for me but I still can't hit the broad side of a barn if I were standing inside.

I use them for 38-55 & 45-60.  They are great to deal with. Steve has sent me free of charge 50 ct sample bags of bullets I wanted to try. Real nice guy to talk to on the phone. Plus, they are very good about supporting CAS events, send lots of bullets for shooter prizes. 

one negative, and this is about moly/poly bullets, not Bear Creek, is that in the smaller calibers I find them too dang slippery for my big ole mitts to handle. I dont use them in anything but my rifle calibers. 

Archived