Maybe?

10 hours ago, Thunder Creek Kid said:

Maybe?

11 hours ago, Catlow4697 said:

Are Rugers in his future?

SAY IT AIN'T SO JOE!!!

BTW THAT'S A DECENT PRICE!!

• 3 weeks later...

There are plenty more cowpokes more knowledgeable than me on this, but I am going to stick my neck out and say because of the threads per inch difference(tpi) the barrels that fit the 1st & 2nd gen frames don’t work on the 3rd gen frames. I just gifted myself the service manuals from that Knudsen(sp?) guy so I could start working on them. So there probably is a way to put a 2nd barrel on a 3rd frame but I am not aware of it. 

It's a little confusing because the serial number ends in SA.  But the second generation ended with 73,xxxSA and third generation started with 80,001SA. When the serial number numbers rolled over, they started with SA01,001. Then aging with SxxxxxxA for latest run. 

On 1/10/2019 at 2:37 PM, cowrustler said:

I think the issue here is putting a 3rd Gen barrel on a 3rd Gen gun which  is what he has here. Not sure where 2nd Gen figures in here.

Thought he said he found a second gen barrel locally?  Perhaps I misunderstood?   But if I read and understood correctly, I wanted to mention it that I believe 2nd gen barrels and 3rd gen frames don’t match! But again I could be wrong?

On 1/10/2019 at 10:28 PM, Thunder Creek Kid said:

Look it up: https://www.colt.com/serial-lookup

Year of manufacture 1978, 3rd generation.

That's correct I just looked it up in my Colt book! 1978

I can't believe no one has grabbed this by now! This is a great deal!!;)

46 minutes ago, Big_Country said:

I think you should buy it Rye, and save the rest of us from the temptation.

:D

Thanks

BC

I switched to wimpy .38's!!! :PThe only .45 I have is a 1911 otherwise I would buy this in a heartbeat!!;)

49 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I switched to wimpy .38's!!! :PThe only .45 I have is a 1911 otherwise I would buy this in a heartbeat!!;)

Rye, you know you want it.  Then, you can buy a second one, or just get a barrel and cylinder and swap the caliber to 45, then you'll have two.

Archived