SASS Wire Forum

Lucky Jake

Chance Ramsay

Sorry to hear that. My condolences and prayers to his family and friends.

At St. Augustine a few years age, Jake was playing with Santa Fe River Stan’s kids. He had them running around the lobby of the hotel screaming and laughing. Because that’s what uncles do. I hope that is the Jake that those kids remember.

At the Ides of March awhile back, Jake loaned me a ’66 when mine broke. I couldn’t see a target because of the glare coming off that bright shiny receiver. He told me that’s what I get for borrowing a rifle from someone who shoots in the same category.

Jake hated and I mean absolutely hated spotting. That look of irritation I got every time I handed him a spotter stick was priceless. I did it every match.

Jake was my friend and I will miss him.

Kingfish Dave

We were so sorry to hear this.  Jake was one of the good guys for sure, and he will be sorely missed.  We not only enjoyed shooting with him while in FL each winter, but also hearing about his hot rod build and seeing pictures as his work on it progressed.  His "laugh of the day" emails kept us smiling and in touch throughout the year despite the 1250 miles that separated us for 9 months each year.  Prayers and condolences to the family.

Annabelle Bransford & Rowdy Bill

May his family and friends find peace and comfort in the fond memories that Jake left to everyone!!

Lucky Jake was one of the good guys.  I’ll miss his good humor at matches and all the Coast Guard stories at practice.

I'm gonna miss him. Always with a joke to tell and a smile on his face.

My thoughts go out to his many friends and family. He will be missed but will be fondly remembered.

Sun

Years ago at a regional Lucky Jake came over and shook my hand just before stage five.  He was shooting the afternoon shift. I had my first miss of the match on that stage.  Day two I had at least one miss on each stage. 

After that it became a running joke. Every time we met I asked him not to steal my luck when we shook hands.  He would just smile 

He will be missed 

I'm so sorry to hear this news.  Jake was a wonderful cowboy to shoot with and we always had a good time talking before and after the matches..  I will miss him but I always remember him. He was a good friend. 

Another Jake story:

Jake: You call yourself a Cowboy?

Me: What do you mean?

Jake: You don't even carry a knife.

:lol:

That's why you now see at least 3 knives on me wherever I go.

I’m deeply saddened with this news; sending condolence and prayers. Yes he’s one of the Good Guys. His positive cheerful attitude helped me through some very difficult long-term health issues. I will always treasure the visits, laughs, range-time and friendship. Proud to call him Friend!                                                                      

Archived