SASS Wire Forum

Well, This Is Interesting. Kali-Key

Subdeacon Joe

Very interesting idea      GW

2 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

So-Where is all that gas from the barrel port going then? :huh:

OLG

Sshhhhh.....  Hush, you!  don't tell anyone

Don't give the b@st@rds any ideas, or they'll be likely to sic CARB (the California Air Resources Board) on us!  :(

2 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Sshhhhh.....  Hush, you!  don't tell anyone

Don't give the b@st@rds any ideas, or they'll be likely to sic CARB (the California Air Resources Board) on us!  :(

Yup-leave it to PRK, to be the first to require a catalytic converter on gas feed semi-autos. :lol::rolleyes:

OLG

18 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Yup-leave it to PRK, to be the first to require a catalytic converter on gas feed semi-autos. :lol::rolleyes:

OLG

Dang it!  Hardpan told you to not give them ideas!  And what do you go and do?

Geeezzzz...some peoples' children!

30 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Just wait till we have to use a summer and winter blend for powder.  :lol:

OLG

*:( sad   *:-&lt sigh  *:(( crying

52 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

OLG

Just gotta keep pokin' that hornets nest, don't you?   :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

OLG

The nitrates will have to be from an organic and free range source!:rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, T.J. Bones SASS# 75616 said:

You can do the same thing by using an adjustable gas block and turning the gas off so that the bolt does not cycle.

That does not comply with CA laws.   It would still be an "assault rifle."  Which, now, you can't register.

Well, I am building an AR with a Thordson FRS-15 Stock.

It will look similar to this without the high cap mag, of course. 

19505545091_63a3038707_b.jpg

6f9738ce44a0b0093c4ca0e3dbbfb598.jpg

Only mine will be Cerakoted to look like a Flash Gordon Ray Gun. It will have an evil black muzzle brake and a Leupold VX Compact 3-9 x 32 scope (non-tactical) with yellow quick detach scope mount. 

It will have a red upper, lower and barrel. The stock and buffer tube cover will be blue. The forend will either be white or grey. It will have yellow accents and lightning bolts. The 10 round mags will be yellow also. All 20 of them.

I do plan to move to KA within the year and when someone sees my AR I want it to stand out. I want them to see it. I want it to look like a Ferrari sitting amongst a bunch of Jeeps at the range. When a leftist turd looks at it I want them to think “Oh my! Look how cute. I can’t believe those evil black guns could be so artsy...” OR “This Guy is making a mockery of our laws and having fun with it.” OR...

“See, this guy gets it...he has embraced our ruler’s edicts and accepts the law whole heartedly. We need to promote this guy to the party and ‘the people’ to show that the rebels can be tamed. Fearless Leader will be so pleased with our progress and our chocolate rations will be increased...” JUST KIDDING :P

...about the leftist turd’s thoughts...not the gun. Oh Yeah, I am building that gun. ;)

Kali-key, "aesthetically correct stock," Mag-Lock, or whatever, I'd have reservations about taking my AR to a public range in California.  Likely not worth the potential hassles.

A few years ago I showed up at our local shooting establishment with a [virtual] M1 Carbine.  I also had a modified, formerly 15-round magazine* now configured to the legal limit of 10 - and was advised by the management to "make it disappear" or leave... and, with the legal and political atmosphere of this state, I didn't blame them one bit.  In fact, that advice possibly saved me from being potentially harassed, should some "prog re-gressively thinking" sorts be about.  :(

*At that time ownership of unmodified larger magazines was still "grandfather" legal.  Mind you, I'm sure I don't have any, but there are undoubtedly many, many thousands of instant criminals in the state after the "grandfather clause" was done away with.  whistling.gif  

Civil Disobedience?  *:-/ confused  :P  

1 hour ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Yep. A Byzantine labyrinth of anti-civil rights laws intended to be impossible to  follow. 

See me thread in TEAM SASS about the latest suit against the CA AG and DOJ.

I did.  *:-&lt sigh

1 hour ago, Sedalia Dave said:

I sure will be glad when SCOTUS finally puts an end to this foolishness.

5 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Ditto, ditto, et cetera, et cetera.

Amen and +1 

A federal judge in San Diego issued a preliminary injunction on the magazine ban portion of gunmagedon.  I believe on 2A & 5A grounds.

17 minutes ago, J.D. Daily said:

A federal judge in San Diego issued a preliminary injunction on the magazine ban portion of gunmagedon.  I believe on 2A & 5A grounds.

I think that was from June of 2017.   Another court upheld it

https://www.courthousenews.com/californias-ban-on-gun-magazines-survives-challenge/

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (CN) – California’s ban on the possession of high-capacity gun magazines passes constitutional muster, a federal judge ruled Wednesday, though he gave the gun owners a fourth opportunity to make their case.

U.S. District Judge William Shubb also said the law doesn’t violate gun owners’ equal protection rights just because it exempts large-capacity magazines used as props in film and television.

“The court cannot know for certain why this exemption was included,” Shubb wrote in a 23-page opinion issued Wednesday. “Nevertheless, the California electorate could have rationally believed that large capacity magazines used solely as props were not at risk of being used in mass shootings and that such an exception would benefit an important sector of the California economy.”

Archived