SASS Wire Forum

World Cup Soccer

Yul Lose

Mrs. Lose loves watching soccer. She used to play and she coached youth soccer for many years so guess what we’re watching a lot of now days? I just don’t find it fun to watch, kinda like grass growing.

I’m with ya’, pard!  There just ain’t much to recommend it as far as I can see!

They say baseball is boring, but I gotta say, I might likely enjoy a root canal more than watching a soccer game!!

ONLY GOLF IS WORSE for me!!  I’ll go take a NAP and turn the TV off before I will watch EITHER!!

Yesterday after the match we all went and ate together. Mexican resturant with a bar. Usually there is a football (soccer) game on the TV above the bar. Yesterday they were showing a game of CornHole. Johnsonville CornHole Championship match but I couldn't tell you where.

Now I knew that people played CornHole and that some take it pretty serious but serious enough to actually be broadcast nationally?  Had to look up up and found out that it has its own league with 14, yes 14 conferences with Adult, Collegiate and Junior divisions.

It also seems they play for some real money. Who would had thought? 

American CornHole League (ACL) at iplayCornhole.com

30 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

I’m with ya’, pard!  There just ain’t much to recommend it as far as I can see!

They say baseball is boring, but I gotta say, I might likely enjoy a root canal more than watching a soccer game!!

ONLY GOLF IS WORSE for me!!  I’ll go take a NAP and turn the TV off before I will watch EITHER!!

Keep the TV on, it'll put ya to sleep faster!!:P:lol:

36 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Yesterday after the match we all went and ate together. Mexican resturant with a bar. Usually there is a football (soccer) game on the TV above the bar. Yesterday they were showing a game of CornHole. Johnsonville CornHole Championship match but I couldn't tell you where.

Now I knew that people played CornHole and that some take it pretty serious but serious enough to actually be broadcast nationally?  Had to look up up and found out that it has its own league with 14, yes 14 conferences with Adult, Collegiate and Junior divisions.

It also seems they play for some real money. Who would had thought? 

American CornHole League (ACL) at iplayCornhole.com

I switched over to ESPN and saw cornhole championship on the title and kinda wondered about it for a second. You never can tell about ESPN nowadays.

Soccer is exciting!  

Oh! #23 kicked the ball to #12! #12 kicks it and runs after it! Now #12 stops and yells and waves his arms!  Everyone else goes to different places on the field! 

#12 kicks the ball to #18! Oh, the excitement! 

Wait! 
#45 on the other team steals the ball, kicks it, and runs after it.  He stops!  He is now yelling and waving his arms!

Women's beach volleyball is .....well......entertaining!!!:wub:

Can't watch a game where there is a possibility at full time both sides have a score of  ZIP' !

May be a world wide game but a lot of better actors than in  Hollywood.

I AM CERTAIN THAT SOCCER IS THE MAIN REASON FOR "PARTICIPATION TROPHIES"!!!  :o  :lol: :lol:

Sure glad it’s in Russia this year so we don’t have to watch it at night. 

Archived