SASS Wire Forum

We need a sticky cartoon thread

I wonder how much money it would take for people to bend over and pick it up?

I know how much it would take for me. A nickel. I won't bend over for a penny, but I will for a nickel. Was walking the dog a month or so ago, and saw a penny on the street. Was going to ignore it when I saw a nickel lying next to it. Bent over to pick up the nickel, and as long as I was down there I got the penny, and then I saw both the dime and a quarter. So I ended up with 41 cents. B)

Not sure if that's because I'm cheap or because I'm poor.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

34 minutes ago, Alpo said:

I wonder how much money it would take for people to bend over and pick it up?

I know how much it would take for me. A nickel. I won't bend over for a penny, but I will for a nickel. Was walking the dog a month or so ago, and saw a penny on the street. Was going to ignore it when I saw a nickel lying next to it. Bent over to pick up the nickel, and as long as I was down there I got the penny, and then I saw both the dime and a quarter. So I ended up with 41 cents. B)

I'll pick up any denomination of money. Coincidentally, I picked up exactly a nickel and a penny yesterday.

While working in parking lots for 3 years, I picked up a bunch of change and a few paper bills also. I'll say that over that 3 year span, I picked up close to $20 in change and about $40 in paper bills (one was a $20).

Had to work at a few car washes over the years also doing electrical repairs. Believe it or not, there was always lots of change on the ground where the vacuum's were located. Don't know why.

I pick it up because I'm cheap AND poor.

Edited by Cypress Sun
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Alpo said:

... A nickel. ... saw a penny on the street ... saw a nickel lying next to it. Bent over to pick up the nickel, and ... got the penny... then I saw both the dime and a quarter. So I ended up with 41 cents. B)

The big picture is you need to get your eye prescription checked.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

I was walking the dog one day, and saw a clothes dryer sitting at the curb. It looked like it had been on fire, so I walked over to look at it. Looking in at the back, I saw two quarters, which I snatched right up, and then on the other side I saw some paper money.

Unfortunately, paper money burns in a fire.

IMG_20230817_192654408.thumb.jpg.8e87f837a03d803045d75dcc5ab78843.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

22 hours ago, Alpo said:

I was walking the dog one day, and saw a clothes dryer sitting at the curb. It looked like it had been on fire, so I walked over to look at it. Looking in at the back, I saw two quarters, which I snatched right up, and then on the other side I saw some paper money.

Unfortunately, paper money burns in a fire.

IMG_20230817_192654408.thumb.jpg.8e87f837a03d803045d75dcc5ab78843.jpg

As long as you have at least half of the bill, it’s still good.  I know, cause I’m cheep too!  I’ve done it. 

Sam Sackett 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Got to be more than half. Otherwise you could tear the bill in half and spend both halves.

No, you just need to have the complete serial number on the part you bring to your bank.

Edited by Rip Snorter
Typo
  • Like 3

https://www.reference.com/business-finance/much-torn-dollar-bill-must-still-intact-use-52cfeb9d4e8ef7f8

>According to the United States Secret Service, more than half of a torn or damaged dollar bill must be intact for it to still be considered legal tender. When a bill is torn, mutilated or otherwise damaged, it should be taken to a bank for redemption.<

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Alpo said:

https://www.reference.com/business-finance/much-torn-dollar-bill-must-still-intact-use-52cfeb9d4e8ef7f8

>According to the United States Secret Service, more than half of a torn or damaged dollar bill must be intact for it to still be considered legal tender. When a bill is torn, mutilated or otherwise damaged, it should be taken to a bank for redemption.<

I've done it, have you?  Wait, it was on a TV show or a movie.