SASS Wire Forum

Mental Preparation before posting to a thread?

Thought we'd try the same thing here in the Saloon, just for fun. :D

Disclaimer: This thread is in NO WAY in response to anything anyone has posted on any of the forums.

5af31a973bf54_Mentalpreparationbeforepostingtoathread.JPG.757c92a8450830ed5568d43728b09fb6.JPG

Well I know you and I might not see things the same way  . . .  but first I look at the threads OP and determine if I have any interest in what they usually say.  If it is Alpo I start with a gentle insult, if it is Utah Bob, I make sure I add something of value, if it is Blackwater, I end with an insult.  Then there are those I feel compelled to respond to, even though they are started by posters that post too much and try to hard.  I begin those with the statement  "Well I know you and I might not see things the same way . . ."

First, make sure no-one knows for certain whom you really are.

Second, make sure no-one knows for certain whom you really are.

Third, See the above

Here is how I prepare to respond to a post in the SASS Saloon:

1. I try to read every post that is submitted. I do this by sorting the threads by Start Date. Any post that is not faded (indicating that I have read the last post to the thread) I open and if I had previously read it, I find where I left off and continue reading. If it is a new post that I have not read, I open it anyway, regardless of the topic. As we all know, some titles do not reflect what they are about.
  2. If the thread is something I feel I can contribute to, I will do so. The majority of my posts are on the much lighter side of things, trying to bring some levity to the Saloon. Not everything need be of a serious nature. There are exceptions of course (deaths, loss of friends) and other topics that, if responded to, require tact. 
  3. As most of you are aware, I use a lot of pictures, videos, gifs, etc. to relay my feelings when I post responses to a thread.
  4. There have been many a response post that I created, some lavishly, that get deleted, as I read them thoroughly, to determine if they are appropriate for the general audience that reads the SASS Saloon forum.
  5. If a response may be borderline, I email the Moderators for their opinion and follow their direction.
  6. I refrain from being negative in any way and try to post positive responses that I hope everyone will enjoy.

Here is how I prepare to post a thread in the SASS Saloon:

1. I continually have a list of topics or cartoons or jokes that I accumulate and use as a resource to draw from.
  2. I'm always cruising the Internet in search of cowboy related items that I hope the readers would enjoy.
  3. A lot of my threads have a great deal of forethought put into them, especially the jokes. If I find one, I actually re-type it, search for pictures to accentuate the storyline and create a new document that I save as a picture. I specifically do this to make them more enjoyable to read.
  4. There are days when the Saloon appears to be slow, and when that happens, I will draw from my resources to try and put some jest back in the forum.
  5. I have to admit that my mentor (unbeknownst to him) is Subdeacon Joe. I have drawn inspiration from him in my threads. He will always be the KING of posting threads on the SASS Saloon forum, a testament to his 22,286 posts. (and I will defend him on that)
  6. And finally, as with my response post, I aim to add levity in whatever I submit.

In the end, I try not to let criticism sway me, cause as they say:

So-J.-Mark-Flint-is-JEALOUS!.jpg.a72cd5e714fefbe5cfd4feb0314d5b1a.jpg   

Thanks for reading and listening.

Until the next thread.......

I often do not “plan” a thread. I make a post. If people wish to like, dislike, respond, don’t respond it’s up to them. If my post becomes a thread, yay...

If people wish to have discourse or ham it up I really don’t care.

It’s none of my business what people think of me. If they tell me, that’s fine too.

Noone here pays my bills and I pay noone’s here either.

You folks, most of you ;) are a great bunch of people and if I didn’t like you, most of you, I wouldn’t bother posting here. :P

If I'm going to liken my posting to shooting a stage, here's how it would go. 

Get to the ULT.  Pull out first revolver and give it a twirl, then make sure it's unloaded by fanning it from the hip 6 times as fast as I can.  Then I load 5, spin the cylinder around a few times with my eyes closed and put it on the table. Then I'd pull the second one and do the same thing.  Once both guns are loaded, I'd pick them up and do some more fancy twirling (double this time though) and re-holster.  Don't worry, they're still on half cock.  No chance of the hammer being down on a loaded chamber. 

Then I'd take the rifle and open the lever with a spin cock like John Wayne and pull the trigger to make sure it's unloaded.  Once it's safe, i'd dump all my bullets onto the table and stuff it full until it can't take anymore. 

Then I'd hold my shotgun shells in my mouth and wait to be called to the line. 

On 5/9/2018 at 4:19 PM, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

Here is how I prepare to respond to a post in the SASS Saloon:

1. I try to read every post that is submitted. I do this by sorting the threads by Start Date. Any post that is not faded (indicating that I have read the last post to the thread) I open and if I had previously read it, I find where I left off and continue reading. If it is a new post that I have not read, I open it anyway, regardless of the topic. As we all know, some titles do not reflect what they are about.
  2. If the thread is something I feel I can contribute to, I will do so. The majority of my posts are on the much lighter side of things, trying to bring some levity to the Saloon. Not everything need be of a serious nature. There are exceptions of course (deaths, loss of friends) and other topics that, if responded to, require tact. 
  3. As most of you are aware, I use a lot of pictures, videos, gifs, etc. to relay my feelings when I post responses to a thread.
  4. There have been many a response post that I created, some lavishly, that get deleted, as I read them thoroughly, to determine if they are appropriate for the general audience that reads the SASS Saloon forum.
  5. If a response may be borderline, I email the Moderators for their opinion and follow their direction.
  6. I refrain from being negative in any way and try to post positive responses that I hope everyone will enjoy.

Here is how I prepare to post a thread in the SASS Saloon:

1. I continually have a list of topics or cartoons or jokes that I accumulate and use as a resource to draw from.
  2. I'm always cruising the Internet in search of cowboy related items that I hope the readers would enjoy.
  3. A lot of my threads have a great deal of forethought put into them, especially the jokes. If I find one, I actually re-type it, search for pictures to accentuate the storyline and create a new document that I save as a picture. I specifically do this to make them more enjoyable to read.
  4. There are days when the Saloon appears to be slow, and when that happens, I will draw from my resources to try and put some jest back in the forum.
  5. I have to admit that my mentor (unbeknownst to him) is Subdeacon Joe. I have drawn inspiration from him in my threads. He will always be the KING of posting threads on the SASS Saloon forum, a testament to his 22,286 posts. (and I will defend him on that)
  6. And finally, as with my response post, I aim to add levity in whatever I submit.

In the end, I try not to let criticism sway me, cause as they say:

5af4a084a02ba_SoJ.MarkFlintisJEALOUS!.jpg.9ebbcb93ae9a4ccae12879c62c4f5f57.jpg     

Thanks for reading and listening.

Until the next thread.......

No offense meant Padre (disclaimer) but you takin' this shitake WAY too serious! This is the place to come NOT to be serious! By and large. Loosen your belt and have a beer!

JHC ;)

Pretty simple for me.

I start a thread if I have a question, or have something to say I believe others may find interesting or relevant.

I respond to a thread if I have a question, or have something to say I believe others may find interesting or relevant.

3 hours ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

No offense meant Padre (disclaimer) but you takin' this shitake WAY too serious! This is the place to come NOT to be serious! By and large. Loosen your belt and have a beer!

JHC ;)

JHC:

No offense taken, and instead of a beer,

I'll have a glass of raspberry lemonade instead.

5af5a340a21f3_PinkLemonadewithUmbrella.jpg.e9854a7a2835e13bb3f553b63b252042.jpg

The thread was meant to be in jest, thus the opening lines:

5af5a44e4d0b0_Saloonthreaddisclaimer.JPG.0f7493ec70e128aaa4adc6f6cdb81956.JPG

Only one didn't....

think-before-you-post.jpg.9d703d2544e676c5efbfc314fe1f041a.jpg

25 minutes ago, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

think-before-you-post.jpg.9d703d2544e676c5efbfc314fe1f041a.jpg

These are all good things to think about kit, but honestly even if none of those are true, you should post anyway.  You don't HAVE to offend the hypersensitive with every single post.  It's just a bonus when you do. 

I try very hard to stop and think NOW before I hit send .

I don't like the taste of my foot in my mouth .

Rooster 

Archived