SASS Wire Forum

Here we go again. UFO's Navy release

Howdy Marshal.   These questions aren't directed to you but rather just some discussion points about UFO's.

There are some things about these UFO sightings that always make me have my doubts about their authenticity.

1.  With all of the glorious sensors, electronic equipment, cameras, etc......... why don't they just take a good picture of the object?

2.  When the first section of the video was playing, it appears the object was moving to the left and then suddenly stopped.  About 1-2 seconds later, the camera/sensor in the jet changed.   If the object had stopped, why didn't the jet appear to get closer for a better identification or picture of it?   Why did the video stop (or switch over) at that point and start up again later when the object was moving again?

3.  Although not part of this video, but with everyone using cell phones and taking GREAT video's of seemingly everything that happens on the planet, why are all the UFO video's blurry?

It wouldn't surprise me if there are some real UFO's 'out there' lurking around.   But most of the 'so called evidence' sure isn't convincing to me.

Beam me up Scotty!

..........Widder

In all seriousness, I have seen one UFO in my life. It was other-worldly in the maneuvers I saw the craft make here above Jasper County.

I have also had black helicopters hover over my property before. One time, when I called the sheriff's department, I was basically told it was none of my business and never mind. I did not leave it alone and called back several times as hovering 200 feet  or so over my house and shop off and one for nearly an hour is a bit obnoxious. I could make out the pilot and co-pilots features from their dash lights. The sheriff's department claimed they were searching for a missing person, after I called and was put on hold.  I asked who, as I have lived here for going on 43 years. They put me on hold for another 4-5 minutes and told me it was none of my business and if I saw anyone, don't approach them or bother giving them a call.  I also asked for a deputy to come out. They did not send one. My son and I went into our shop, ran from one side of the property to annoy them and  they'd spot light us. Every now and then they'd fly off a mile or so away at high speed, hang out there a while, only to come back and hover my property. This whole instance was fishy. Whoever was up there were definitely up to mischief and the local sheriffs department was providing cover. Maybe they were searching survivors of an alien craft that had crashed. I don't know. If it ever happens again, I am going to run around naked in my yard with my chain saw for a while, then break out into some funky tai chi. Who knows, I may get out the guitar or fiddle and sing to them.

3 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Howdy Marshal.   These questions aren't directed to you but rather just some discussion points about UFO's.

There are some things about these UFO sightings that always make me have my doubts about their authenticity.

1.  With all of the glorious sensors, electronic equipment, cameras, etc......... why don't they just take a good picture of the object?

2.  When the first section of the video was playing, it appears the object was moving to the left and then suddenly stopped.  About 1-2 seconds later, the camera/sensor in the jet changed.   If the object had stopped, why didn't the jet appear to get closer for a better identification or picture of it?   Why did the video stop (or switch over) at that point and start up again later when the object was moving again?

3.  Although not part of this video, but with everyone using cell phones and taking GREAT video's of seemingly everything that happens on the planet, why are all the UFO video's blurry?

It wouldn't surprise me if there are some real UFO's 'out there' lurking around.   But most of the 'so called evidence' sure isn't convincing to me.

Beam me up Scotty!

..........Widder

Yeah, and why do police and emt two way radios suck so bad? They're emergency personnel. Shouldn't they be able to speak clearly like in a cell phone?

And what about drive through speakers. They generally suck too, but then again, half the kids in the drive-thru windows have mouths full of fishing lures.....

Carl Sagan was asked once if he believed in UFOs.

He said,

“Let’s examine the term UFO. U is for unidentified. Somthing you don’t  know what it is. FO is for flying objects. Someting in the sky. So.....

Do I believe people see things in the sky that they can’t identify? Yes”

:lol::lol::P

If Fox Mulder believed, I believe.

I've often wondered... since nearly every human on the planet now has a cell phone, and since almost all of those have cameras, well... where are all them pictures of flying saucers and bigfoots...?  :rolleyes:

Why would they want to stop and say hi?

In every movie about aliens I have ever seen all the government wants to do is either to kill and dissect them or put them in a cage and study them. Often with electrodes connected to them. 99% of the population reacts in one of two ways; scream hysterically and run around in circles or start shooting.

I can sense it now.................

a bunch of Aliens land and want to become citizens of our country.   They become a Dreamer.

Then they want to get a drivers license and want to vote.

Next thing you know, they'll start a Universal Church down on the corner where the drug store use to be.

And then it happens.............. we'll have an alien for a President.

Or has it already happened?

:lol::lol:

..........Widder

2 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

a bunch of Aliens land and want to become citizens of our country.   They become a Dreamer.

Next thing you know, they'll start a Universal Church down on the corner where the drug store use to be.

..........Widder

Constitution prohibits an Alien (Resident, Naturalized, Undocumented, illegal or other worldly)from becoming President or Vice-President. However I am quite sure there are a lot of alien life forms in congress. :lol:

I can respond to some of this. The video actually does a good job of describing what all of the symbology is on the display. Some of the added captions are not correct, but the errors don't really detract from understanding.

8 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

The aircraft is not being flown like it's running an intercept. They probably were holding and doing something else when this thing popped up, but they either didn't or hadn't yet intercepted it, and therefore weren't close to it. Also, this is raw footage (better than what the aircrew see in the cockpit) from the ATFLIR. The ATFLIR is a targeting pod slightly bigger than a golf bag. As a targeting pod for the F/A-18, it has to conform to size/weight/load/etc restrictions- like landing and launching from carriers. Most cameras can't handle that! So, there are better cameras, but this one is actually pretty good- especially considering it's tracking a moving object on different axes from itself while moving at about 260mph at 25kft while in a turn. It's also really good at directing a laser-guided bomb to a target...

The video switches to a different recording at 1:45. It actually looks like a completely different aircraft took the footage to me (based on some things that have changed on the display which shouldn't have otherwise). If they hadn't been spliced together like that, I never would have considered them linked at all.

Not saying it is or isn't a UFO, or disagreeing with your conclusions. Just providing some context!

18 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Simple answer... Sasquatch was flying that thing. :P

13 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

However I am quite sure there are a lot of alien life forms in congress. :lol:

And in other public agencies...I call them "Puppet Heads".

19 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

..........Widder

Don't forget chain migration.........

Archived