SASS Wire Forum

colt 1903 hammerless and SAA

Trigger Mike

To the best of my knowledge, Colt is NOT the actual maker of the new Colt 1903 Pocket Hammerless.  The work is being done by http://usarmamentcorp.com/manufactured-products/colt-1903-pocket-pistol which is the same company making the new production 1877 "Bulldog" Gatling Gun.  Supposedly the base MSRP for the parkerized is $1400.

If you just want a shooter there are plenty out there for far less then $1400 and while I don't follow Colt 1903 Pocket Hammerless prices closely, if you have $1400, I'm thinking you can probably get an original in pretty good shape.

I own an original Colt 1903 Pocket Hammerless with in decent shape and even by current standards it;s a pretty good gun aside from the tiny sights and anemic caliber.

As for ordering one, that's a question for your local dealer or distributor.

I also have a 1908 in 380.Havn't shot it in a few years.Nice gun.

Largo

My ‘03 is a 1914 edition.  Bought it for $150.00 with a box of  Winchester ammo and a Bianchi holster.  Good little shooter and with Hornady Critical Defense rounds, it’s probably pretty effective.

Mine’s not for sale either.

21 hours ago, Trigger Mike said:

Colt's website shows these 2 pistols but does not give a price nor link to buy one.  Are they making them?   How do I get the 1903 Hammerless or a SAA?

I gave $400.00 for my 1903 about twenty years ago.  It was in 95% shape, the only fault was the gutta percha grips.  I still need to replace them.

It came with 3 Colt "two tone" magazines and one after market mag with no ID on it.

It's still a viable back-up piece with the right ammo, but wouldn't be my first choice as a carry gun.

I hope this link is ok, not an auction,

http://www.armslist.com/posts/7322435/columbus-ohio-handguns-for-sale--new--colt-1903-parkerized-noccfees-free-shipping

this is a dealer selling a new Colt 1903. The original officer models were 4th gen, magazine disconnect safety,  I never liked that model

Pete, that magazine disconnect is not a problem.

Look at part #12. It's the guide rod. See that little teat on the back of it? That pushes the magazine disconnect into place.

colt1903.gifNow this part. It is a pre-disconnect guide rod. You use it, magazine disconnect becomes inop.

168800.jpgAnd if you don't happen to have an early model guide rod laying around, you can make one from a 20d nail.

55 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Pete, that magazine disconnect is not a problem.

Look at part #12. It's the guide rod. See that little teat on the back of it? That pushes the magazine disconnect into place.

colt1903.gifNow this part. It is a pre-disconnect guide rod. You use it, magazine disconnect becomes inop.

168800.jpgAnd if you don't happen to have an early model guide rod laying around, you can make one from a 20d nail.

Wish I'd known that before I sold not one but 2 new in the box 1903's because of that stupid safety. Maybe if I asked more questions on the wire I'd have more answers.

Archived