SASS Wire Forum

Second Amendment: Trump vs Clinton

A stark difference in their current positions. Now before some argue that Trump has changed his position numerous times, I realize that but what politician hasn't? We play the hand we're dealt and this is what we have. I will post; you decide....but decide you must and then VOTE. Don't stay home.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/05/27/second-amendment-voters-guide-trump-vs-clinton/

Lesser of 2 evils. I don't really like Trump, but the thought of another President Clinton scares the crap out of me.

It does most of us, I'll bet.

• 2 weeks later...

It does most of us, I'll bet.

If it does not, it durn well should.

The Libertarian presidential nominee, Gary Johnson, is very pro 2nd Amendment and he will have my vote. I cannot bring myself to vote for a candidate that I believe will do great harm to our country. I'm not staying home. I will vote.

The Libertarian presidential nominee, Gary Johnson, is very pro 2nd Amendment and he will have my vote. I cannot bring myself to vote for a candidate that I believe will do great harm to our country. I'm not staying home. I will vote.

+1

Voted for Gary, our former Governor, in 2012 and I will vote for him in 2016. Trump can't be trusted. I think it would be a real contest to see if he or Hillary is the bigger liar.

I don't get over here very often, but I just couldn't ignore this post.......

Vote as you wish, But a Vote for Johnson is just as good as a vote for Hillary.

There are simply way too many Liberal Idiots in this country that want another Clinton.

We are Out Numbered!

Every conservative Has to get behind the Republican candidate, there is Far too much at stake.

I'm voting for Trump !

There are simply way too many Liberal Idiots in this country that want another Clinton.

We are Out Numbered!

Every conservative Has to get behind the Republican candidate, there is Far too much at stake.

I'm voting for Trump !

Silver, I am a conservative and I simply cannot and will not vote for the Republican candidate. I humbly will ask you, since I'm not voting for Donald Trump, who do you recommend I vote for; Gary Johnson or Hillary Clinton?

Clinton 1 probably would've beaten Bush 1 without Perot's help....

But Perot sealed the deal for Slick Willie!

Do the math.... We're outnumbered !

I'm not giving up and throwing my vote away.

Vote as you wish, I'm voting for Trump !

In the past, I've held my nose and voted for the least offensive candidate. This time I'm voting to prevent a candidate who wishes to destroy my country and my way of life. I'm voting AGAINST that candidate by casting my vote for the ONLY other candidate who has a chance to defeat her.

To vote for a candidate who has NO CHANCE of defeating an evil opponent as a protest at this particular time is totally misguided!!

Birdy! I treasure your friendship and enthusiastically look forward to seeing you again this summer, but I think in this case , that you are making a mistake that will eventually lead to tragedy for our country and our way of life!!

I am in the anybody that can Beat Hillary camp so that would be Trump,does he say things we don't like Yes,does he say things we like Yes. After the last 2 presidential elections that the Republicans lost by candidates that seemed like did not want to win.What about us giving the Repubs the House and Senate and still they seemed to not challenge the President on anything, if that's the new norm why do we need 2 Parties. This may be the last time a non-traditional candidate with money will to try to shake things up and go against the mainstream politicians.As we all know the the mainstream media be it Network,Cable or Print are all in the tank with the Dems and sometimes Fox news although the hide it well.Where would Trump be in the polls on a level playing field?If Hillary was a Repub, would she be running for President or be in Pen-stripes?He won the primary fair and square,like him or not.Wanting him to win to Do what he say's and hopefully wake up the Repubs.

I too have a dire dread of Hillary Clinton as POTUS. But my loathing of Mrs. Clinton does not blind me to Donald Trump's autocratic, arrogant, intemperate, petulant, unprincipled bullying behavior. I do not think that this man who has openly spoke untoward of POWs, women, hispanics, judges, and other conservatives will protect our 2nd Amendment rights. I have watched the debates and heard his speeches; once personally at the 2015 NRA convention in Nashville. This man shows to me that he has no regard for anyone's opinions or rights but his own opinion of what he thinks is fair and just for himself and himself alone. I have no doubt that Donald Trump will easily turn on conservative principles and our 2nd Amendment rights when he perceives himself insulted by other conservatives. It is my opinion that Donald Trump is not suited to hold the office of President of the United States and, I believe, he could bring great harm upon our nation. And lastly, I doubt I'm the only conservative that feels this way about Donald Trump.

Dishwater, I'm also looking forward to seeing you and Ms Schoolmarm this summer. It's been too long my friend.

Silver, I am a conservative and I simply cannot and will not vote for the Republican candidate. I humbly will ask you, since I'm not voting for Donald Trump, who do you recommend I vote for; Gary Johnson or Hillary Clinton?

I feel your pain my friend and I am sad to break this news to you but a vote for Johnson IS a vote for Clinton!

In two previous elections, Ross Perot sucked off just enough votes to put the DEM in the White House.

Our two party system is rigged beyond belief; both parties use every crooked means at their disposal to get "their" candidate. The RNC Chairman flat out said "We pick the candidate" in remarks aimed at voters. After a minor ruckus, the people won and they're not happy. Consider that some are STILL talking about getting rid of Trump at the convention.

So far, Clinton has 2,219 delegates and Sanders 1,832. Total superdelegates number 635 and Clinton has 587 putting her on top. Superdelegates are the Democrat members of Congress and governors. Seems to me its simply a way for those in power to override the will of the voters.

With corruption like that and considering the wide and deep power base the democrats and republicans have, it is virtually impossible for a third party candidate to get any job above dogcatcher! There are exceptions like Gary Johnson and Bernie Sanders himself. But they are exactly that; exceptions.

You are certainly not the only conservative who feels Trump is a danger. (I know any minute the Colonel is going to say "hey...stay on topic! Getting there Boss) With all the talent that the Republicans had out there its down to THIS guy? I listened to his last speech and I was not impressed.

I'll point out that significant gun control was passed, by legislation and executive order by both President Reagan and the first Pres. Bush. The May 19, NFA law along with some good stuff and executive orders that made a mess out of imports and stuck us with this silly "Sporting uses" stuff. And they were Republicans.

Do I trust Trump to NOT turn on gun owners like a rabid dog? No, I do not. Do I trust him to be less of a problem overall than Clinton? Yes, I do. Will Clinton appoint rabidly anti-gun judges to the Supreme Court? Yes, she will. Will Heller be overturned? Well, the means to do that is already in the works. Remember Peruta V San Diego? The 9th Circuit Court says the second amendment give no protection to concealed carry and blatantly flies in the face of Heller? Imagine THAT little gem getting to the Supreme Court after Clinton stacks the deck a bit.

Neither party is our friend. (gun owners) In fact, I would submit to you that any party and any government is not trustworthy and must be watched like a hawk. They must be reminded constantly that they serve ay OUR pleasure, not the other way around. The Founders knew large governments were injurious to liberty; the Amendments are there for a reason and it's no cooincidence that the first is Freedom of Speech/Religion and the Second is the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.

I will point out that what the media reports Trump says and what he SAYS are often two different things.

Autocratic, intemperate, petulant, unprincipled bullying behavior is what you said Birdgun, and you would be correct. He didn't get to be a rich guy by being a shrinking violet. He's taken on some issues most politicians avoid like the plague because they're too freaking SCARED to offend ANYBODY. This PC crap is ruining us! Trump is not PC. (And it would seem voters kind of like that)

POW's, he said Sen John McCain (who's not exactly a friend of gun owners himself) wasn't a hero for being a POW. (I disagree) Trump said he likes winners, not POW's. I thought his remark was in poor taste. But I get what he was saying; he likes winners like Robin Olds. Vietnam air ace.

Hispanic Judges. Here's a stark fact; if you're a person of color, you can accuse a white person of racism and that's ok. If you're white, that doesn't work in reverse. You're still a racist. In fact, you're even more of a racist accusing the other guy of being a racist! Yes, I am speaking from personal experience. So when Trump questions the fitness of a judge ruling on his case, who is hispanic and a member of "LaRaza" (It's not that but that is the name of the group, ok?) and, because of Trump's outspoken stance on immigration issues questions the motives of this judge and says he should recuse himself, THAT IS HIS RIGHT.

Judges, just like Peace Officers must be absolutely impartial. To be a member of an organization with ties to La Raza...(imagine a white cop or judge who was a member of...insert pseudo-racist group here)...that's not impartial now, is it?

Instead he's called a racist. Here's something for you; as a cop, if you stop someone for ANYTHING...you're accused of being a racist. Arresting someone? Get in a fight? About the first thing they accuse you of is being a racist or using excessive force. The department HAS to investigate and there's many levels of scrutiny. You can (and some do) lose your job. I better shut up about this before the Col whacks me for being off-topic but I'll end with this; anytime you do something the "other side" doesn't like they whip out the race card like a gun. A white guy does that(Trump) and he's a racist.

When I was working, I did not get to choose the calls I was assigned to; some were simple reports. Others were accident scenes from the minor fender-bender to the multi-car NASCAR smashups with people trapped. Some were far more dangerous where the actions of an armed suspect dictated the actions I/we needed to take. There were many times I remarked before getting out of the police truck;

"Aw, this is gonna suck."

You know what must be done.

Staying in the truck is not an option.

Leaving is not an option.

Sometimes you just have to play the cards God gives you.

I tend to be a one-issue-voter; their stance on gun control is often the big deciding factor for me. Every year, the NRA says something like "this election is critical" Well....this time they're right. One nutjob with a gun and its all about guns. Not race, not immigration, not the religion who is fomenting this, GUNS. Why would certain politicians want to advance a policy restricting the rights of the law-abiding every time, knowing those same policies DO...NOT...WORK. Why? Because their goal is not our safety, their goal is to see us defenseless so THEY are more powerful.

We MUST hold the line and voting third party will not do that.

Fact: Either Hillary or Trump will be president.

Fact: We will have to fight either one in the congress.

Speculation :Looking at the two I am convinced that 90% of Clinton's direction is against us, set and not subject to change. Trump's direction is maybe 50% in our direction and I think that the other half is more likely to be influenced by our side.

I don't like it at all, but I am going to vote Trump simply because we have a better chance of influencing the future with him in office than we do if Hillary wins.

I too have a dire dread of Hillary Clinton as POTUS. But my loathing of Mrs. Clinton does not blind me to Donald Trump's autocratic, arrogant, intemperate, petulant, unprincipled bullying behavior...

Seems to me you just described Hilary perfectly here too. She is at LEAST all those things and more.

I'd worry less about the possibility of The Donald destroying the nation from within as I do the certainty of Hilary destroying it.

We are Out Numbered!

I'm voting for Trump !

100% true.

Had to plug my nose with McCain (RINO) and Romney (RINO) - as I am sure those who posted here did - so I'll just go at it again. Liking the fact that the establishments both R and D hate the guy. Says alot IMHO.

Folks - Hillary wants to appoint anti-2nd Amendment SCOTUS justices....we cannot let that happen. A Johnson vote (or 'other') will 1) do nothing to get him elected and 2) assure a Hillary presidency.

The last thing I will say is....PRAY hard for our country and your vote.

My criteria is this: PRO-2nd Amendment, PRO-life, PRO-religious freedom, PRO-less government. Trump is the only one who has a chance on the ballot to achieve those things like it or not that's fact.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Archived