SASS Wire Forum

Let's Have Some FUN.......Beginnings.

OK Guys and Dolls, it's time for a little FUN remembering our beginnings as young cowboys and cowgirls.

We remember the line from the Waylon and Willie song "Mama don't let your babies grow up to be cowboys" which warns mothers not to let their children become cowboys because of the tough and busy life of cowboy culture.

Well, we know better now, and as members of SASS there are now over 104,000 youngers who, in deed, grew up to be cowboys and cowgirls.

I'm sure everyone has a picture of themselves when they were dreaming of growing up to be a real cowboy or cowgirl. I believe Lone Dog uses one for his profile. Hope he adds his pic to this collection. Let's see how many we can gather.

I'll start the fun with my picture.

Richard%20as%20a%20young%20Cowboy_zpszw3

Notice the proper attire for a formal cowboy and the keen ability to handle a six-shooter (without having to use the sight).

I think this was the week before I started growing my beard.

I was a tough hombre, I didn't need no boots!

12805844_10204611775414388_8463041385746

Someone reported that they couldn't see my pic, so here it is from another source

2016-03-10%201.jpg

WoW....Bo Dacious got a PONY!

Now I'm jealous. I believe the only photo of me on an animal was a Water Buffalo in Guam. Wait, I was on a Buffalo. Does that count?

These pics are the best FUN I have had reading SASS threads in months.

This is me two of my cousins. Uh... That's me standing to your left. :) the gun belt and holster was made by my Dad. I still have it but it doesn't fit any more.... I learned leather work from him.

cowboys_zpsqgkvst7n.jpg

My dad stationed in Fort Sill, Ok, where every weekend we visited a place like San Antonio or Geronimo's last home. I had my first pair of Dingos and Toughskins.

Up til then, my memories had been of our time stationed in Owkinawa and Army bases in Ga and NC.

Archived