SASS Wire Forum

Chicago Cubs

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Go CUBS

My Royals won the series this past year exactly 30 years since the last one. In the seasons '86 thru '13, they were an embarrassment. Miracles are extremely rare, but they do happen. Hoping the Cubs go deeper in the playoffs than last year.

Which begs the question: do you root for the 'Cards or the Cubs when they play each other?* Beer is on me.

*The correct answer is root for the 'Cards :)

I have said often that I have a family interest in the success of the Cards. If I do not root for them, my Grandmother, bless her soul,

would come and haunt my nightly dreams with thoughts of dread and despair.

That said, I do feel a happiness when the Cubs do well, just not against the Cards. :)

I'm a Cubs fan and will be until the day they win the World Series, in other words for life. I inherited it from my dad and despite my dislike for Cubs fans and Chicago I will honor his memory and root for the Cubs.

BMC, lifelong Cardinals fan here!! It should really be fun watching the Cards/Cubs this year. I have the utmost respect for Cubs fans. Anyone that can root for a losing team for that long, is a great fan.

Looks like they are off to a ragged start, win/loss record.

Of course it is just spring training and THEY ARE GOING TO WIN THE WORLD SERIES THIS YEAR. :)

There is always next year........and the year after that..........and the year.......

Bugs, I know where you are coming from. Being a life long Red Sox fan, I never expected to see my floppers win a World Series.

I waited 50 years. I hope your Cubbies, do win it. And when they do, I hope they play those d@~n Yankees. And skunk them.

Us sox fans got use to saying, wait till next season.

I hope my ex father in law, never knows I said that. He loved the Cubs.

But until then...GO RED SOX!!!!

You counted correctly.

Red Sox won one yesterday, they have stunk so far in spring training.

Badger, it was nice of the Cardinals to help bolster the Sox spirits.

Spring Training is just meaningless fun. :D

You counted correctly.

Red Sox won one yesterday, they have stunk so far in spring training.

Badger, it was nice of the Cardinals to help bolster the Sox spirits.

Well, it is only SPRING TRAINING. They can afford to be gracious and magnanimous.

Besides the Red Sox are in the OTHER league. :lol:

And the Padres are off to a roaring 4-12 record.

That is ok with me. :D

Spring Training is just meaningless fun. :D

But it is still BASEBALL. :)

Be Interesting to see what the Mariners come up with this year, new manager and all.

Ever since Sweet Lou left, all we have been getting is big smiles, and big promises.

None of which have done much for the win/loss column. I see that as of yesterday

they were still on the wrong side of the win/loss column, but it is just spring training,

so I guess we should cut them slack.

I can hear the bats warming up in the background. Hahahahaha.

Gotta get in a good supply of beer and get it on ice.

Badger, how is the Mariners pitching looking so far?

I will be interested in what Charlie Furbush will do this year. A Maine boy.

One always need a good supply of beer on hand, that is one item (also ammo) you never want to run low on.

Well, I guess I have not been paying any attention to what they have been showing on the field. Just looked at the win loss record. Pitching is going to need some improvement over last year.

Felix Hernandez is the big gun on the mound, or at least he was last year. His ERA was 3.53 last year, but he has been around for a while and is getting a little long of tooth. But it was not a good

year for the M's in 2015. We got a lot of toothy grins and stories about what might have been,

but pretty much pie in the sky stuff.

The current talk is pretty quiet about them on the 6 O'Clock news/sport report. Be interesting to see

what happens. Not sure that Nintendo is too excited about pouring money into the team for a

winning season. Guess we shall see what happens in April.

My attention has been more on the Cards, rather than the M's. Guess I will have to sharpen that up

some when the Tigers start their run and my S-I-L starts bragging.

Back to the original subject,

GOD Hates the CUBS!!!

Naaaa, he just wants to make them patient players. Don't rush into things like winning the World Series.

McGrutt, here are the stats on Grichuk

http://m.cardinals.mlb.com/player/545341/randal-grichuk

Archived