SASS Wire Forum

Kimber K6S

Way overpriced and I doubt there's a market for it.

Don't like the thickness (thinness?) of the cylinder walls and I agree with UB about pricing and market.

I would not buy it.

I suspect that he is correct that the .357 cartridge would be a hand full out of

a small revolver like that. Not for the mass market, sez I.

The short barrel negates the caliber. Lot's of unburned powder blown downrange.

I carry a revolver almost every day. S&W J Frame Model 60. Yes, 357 but I carry 38spl +P in it.

Now, if this Kimber holds 6 shots, is no wider than the 5 shot across the cylinder flats and is about the same weight as a Model 60, I could be interested.

My Kimber 1911 has never let me down.

GS

I carry a revolver almost every day. S&W J Frame Model 60. Yes, 357 but I carry 38spl +P in it.

Now, if this Kimber holds 6 shots, is no wider than the 5 shot across the cylinder flats and is about the same weight as a Model 60, I could be interested.

My Kimber 1911 has never let me down.

GS

For $900 would you be interested?

Same can be said with any of the 38 special ammo. Just hope that the BBQ affect of all the flame and smoke coming out the barrel will assist in doing the job.

One shot in the dark and you are blind. I have never seen any advantage to shooting a .357 in a snubbie

Same can be said with any of the 38 special ammo. Just hope that the BBQ affect of all the flame and smoke coming out the barrel will assist in doing the job.

One shot in the dark and you are blind. I have never seen any advantage to shooting a .357 in a snubbie

I understand your point Henry. Not all shooting occurs at night. shooting a magnum gives a few more FPS and thus a few more FT-LBS of energy. Even in a snubbie. Is all the buck & roar worth it? Up to the shooter to decide,

You brought up a good point about muzzle flash blinding the shooter at night. Would that not be the same if shooter had lazer sights on his pistol?

Edit. I suspect most people do not shoot 357mag ammo through their snubbies. However, if the gun can handle 357mag ammo, it is built sturdy enough to not have to worry about +P loads.

For $900 would you be interested?

Utah,

No, I wouldn't, but if it were about the same price as a Model 60, I would. List for a Model 60 is $769.

If both could have a street price in the 600 - 650 range, I'd give the Kimber strong consideration.

I carry a 9mm Shield quite a bit during summer but I much prefer my revolver in the winter months. In fact, I prefer the revolver most of the time. However, it is hard to get over the thin and light weight of a polymer framed single stack 9mm.

GS.

GS,

Given the Kimber revolver vs S&W M60 with adj sights, I would select the S&W. Just me.

If you like the Shield 9, then consider the Shield40.

Thin, light, holds more ammo of greater caliber, longer grip, easier to reload, reliable, hundreds of dollars cheaper than Kimber,,, what is not to like?

Blastmaster,

I already have a Model 60 and a Model 642 J-frames and a Kimber 1911 along with the 9mm Shield, a bunch of CAS guns, flintlocks and more than one guitar.

If I buy another revolver or semi auto, I may be sleeping in the back of my SUV after Mrs. Slinger changes the locks on the doors.

I understand your point Henry. Not all shooting occurs at night. shooting a magnum gives a few more FPS and thus a few more FT-LBS of energy. Even in a snubbie. Is all the buck & roar worth it? Up to the shooter to decide,

You brought up a good point about muzzle flash blinding the shooter at night. Would that not be the same if shooter had lazer sights on his pistol?

Edit. I suspect most people do not shoot 357mag ammo through their snubbies. However, if the gun can handle 357mag ammo, it is built sturdy enough to not have to worry about +P loads.

The red laser does not affect night vision of the shooter. It will dang sure screw up your vision if you are on the receiving end though.

Blastmaster

In the case of 357 mag stubbies, the 357's sometimes are a couple ounces heavier. When shooting 38+p that extra weight is welcome, especially when shooting it on a cold day. These old hands are not as nimble as they used to be.

Howdy,

Consider the LCR 9mm with full moon clips for very quick reloads.

I bet you could buy two for the price of that.

One for each jacket pocket.....;)

Best

CR

I carry a S&W Airweight in .38 spl. I have Hornady Critical defense rounds and they're a handful. .357 in a snubby?? I don't think that will be a big seller either!

$900.00 is way overpriced, I'd get a Colt Detective Spl. with 6 rounds for less than that.

The red laser does not affect night vision of the shooter. It will dang sure screw up your vision if you are on the receiving end though.

For my clarification: After shooting a firearm equiped with a red lazer site at night, and the shooters eyes dilate because of the muzzle flash, can shooter still see red lazer beam for secondary shots?

After further thought, I think I know the answer, yes, you could see lazer beam.

For my clarification: After shooting a firearm equiped with a red lazer site at night, and the shooters eyes dilate because of the muzzle flash, can shooter still see red lazer beam for secondary shots?

After further thought, I think I know the answer, yes, you could see lazer beam.

You can't see it as well though. Red light doesn't interfere with the visual purple in the retina's cones, but a muzzle flash does, making the eyes less sensitive any light until the chemical can "re-set".

Price can be a barrier sometimes. Just depends on a body's temperature at the time.

If you got the fever, not so much. That is why they make credit cards for some folks.

Not this cowboy. If I don't have the cash I can't afford it. I haven't bought a new gun in the last 12-14 years. I buy used and fix what needs fixin' if it needs fixin'. I didn't go to gunsmithing school for nothin"

I think the same way about the Taurus Judge series, but they're selling a bunch of them.

True, but they're more reasonably priced. I have a friend who uses his on barn rats. :D

Don't you imagine that the folks that purchase the high end Kimber 1911's will be attracted to the Kimber K6S ? Not that the K6S is superior but it has name recognition and snob opel, plus,, money means nothing to the rich and famous.?

Rather condescending comment.

I own a Kimber 1911. I'm neither rich nor famous and those who know me would tell you that I'm not a snob. If anything, I'm math anti-snob.

The Kimber 1911 I own has been perfectly reliable, well made, and accurate. Are there other 1911's that do the same? sure are. Kimber is what I own but if someone handed me a Colt, Springfield, Les Bear, Nighthawk, Para, Wilson, or any other top shelf 1911, I'm going to shoot it and enjoy the experience.

I typically carry a S&W J-frame or S&W Shield. Shoot Ruger Vaqueros in Cowboy.

Not everyone who owns a particular firearm is interested in status or snob appeal. In fact, I think the concept is rather foolish.

GS

Rather condescending comment.

I own a Kimber 1911. I'm neither rich nor famous and those who know me would tell you that I'm not a snob. If anything, I'm math anti-snob.

The Kimber 1911 I own has been perfectly reliable, well made, and accurate. Are there other 1911's that do the same? sure are. Kimber is what I own but if someone handed me a Colt, Springfield, Les Bear, Nighthawk, Para, Wilson, or any other top shelf 1911, I'm going to shoot it and enjoy the experience.

I typically carry a S&W J-frame or S&W Shield. Shoot Ruger Vaqueros in Cowboy.

Not everyone who owns a particular firearm is interested in status or snob appeal. In fact, I think the concept is rather foolish.

GS

Settle down, I said high end Kimber. I have no idea if your Kimber 1911 is high end or not. I was rather poking at the people that have money to burn, or at least they think they do. The people that throw out name/model/price into your face to attempt to impress. If you don't fit those parameters, then it doesn't fit you.

Settle down, I said high end Kimber. I have no idea if your Kimber 1911 is high end or not. I was rather poking at the people that have money to burn, or at least they think they do. The people that throw out name/model/price into your face to attempt to impress. If you don't fit those parameters, then it doesn't fit you.

It's all cool. I probably shouldn't type messages when I'm tired and grumpy.

Archived