SASS Wire Forum

Consecutive numbers...

Three Foot Johnson

About a year and a half ago, I bought a consecutively numbered set of .38-40's from a member here, then bought a 3rd one from Gunbroker a couple weeks ago. The s/n of the third one is only 9 numbers away. So close, so close.

Last year when I got into CAS, I bought a pair of Ruger Vaquero Bisley's in .45 Colt from Longhunter in Texas. I initially asked about getting sequential SN's but was told that would add another 6-8 weeks in delivery time. So I just opted to take what I could get in their 2 week estimate.

About 12 days later I got a call from my FFL saying that my pistols had arrived so off I go to get them. When I walk in the door my FFL says, "Wow, these are really nice and they are sequential too."

Sure enough, brnad new pair of Ruger Bisley's with sequential numbers. Nice surprise.

About a year and a half ago, I bought a consecutively numbered set of .38-40's from a member here, then bought a 3rd one from Gunbroker a couple weeks ago. The s/n of the third one is only 9 numbers away. So close, so close.

I was considering ordering a set from Colt in that caliber with consecutive numbers. Their price is $75 per. I tried to be slick and ask for only one of them to be consecutive, but they said consecutive to what? I guess I wasn't the only one that tried to pull that one haha.

When I was Gun Room Manager at Sportsman's Warehouse, we would often get a lot of 10/22's in with consecutive numbers - sometimes there would be shipments of 30 or more and there might be a stack of 10 that were all consecutive.

I have about 8 or 9 sets of them .

They are not hard to buy new.

Realy dont cost more money to buy.

But can bring a little more to sell if its the right guns in the right caliber .

In addition to these, I've got 2 other consecutive sets - Ruger .40 S&W/.38-40 convertible Vaqueros and Ruger .44 spl Vaqueros. It would have been pretty cool to have three that were sequential. :)

Archived