SASS Wire Forum

Time to buy a new follower

Cheyenne Ranger, 48747L

When I was having all my 'fun and games' with my ammo this week-end decided to tear down the rifle and see if I could find a problem.

Nothing found so I continued with cleaning the magazine tube--3 more screws is all.

Can't decide between JB Weld and buying an aftermarket one

marlin%20follower.jpg

cr

I have a steel one if it is 357.I put SS springs and followers from the Smith Shop in all my lever rifles.

I ordered one from Slick http://www.slickmagicguns.com/SlickMercantile.html as I also ordered the Marlin 1894 Carrier Plunger Button replacement kit (same page) Had one of these break during a major match. Widder sent me an "e" clip that fixed it right up. The kit will be for when I lose the plunger.

He's in LA and I'm in TX and like to support the local Southern boys

cheyenne

Howdy:

I bought all of my rifles SS springs and SS Followers from the Smith Shop - some of the best money I ever spent for sure. Good quality, speedy service, pleasant person to deal with, what's not to like?

STL Suomi

Ranger,

I've seen those factory plastic (or whatever it is) wear, chip and break.

The SS followers are worth their weight in gold.

While your at it, get you a good SS spring also, unless you already have one.

AND, while you got that magtube out, give it a good cleaning and polish with some Carnuba wax.

There not a single rifle that leaves my work bench without a good clean and polish INSIDE the magtube.

..........Widder

It's all about dollars and cents to the bean counters.

Guess that's why we have such a large number of cottage industries dealing with cowboy firearms.

I'm slow and just enjoy the entire experience but still would like the equipment to work.

The only way I'd ever be near the top is if you look at the winners' list alphabetically.

cr

I would assume it was more of an attempt to show when the magazine tube is empty and save litigation dollars rather than just save a few cents on a part.

Thats is highly possible..... and probable.

But when that orange tip gets crude and starts looking black with all that burnt powder buildup, its harder to see than a good stainless follower.

..........Widder

Archived