SASS Wire Forum

A word about Deuce and Zack

Korupt Karl

Deuce Stevens ran the man on man at the Indiana State shoot and I understand that Blackjack Zack assisted. I also understand that neither competed in it. Now, to me, that is a class act on both their part.

I hope to meet Zack one day and of course I'll get to see Deuce soon enough....the sport is better because of folks like this.

KK

I can't say enough good about BJZ. He has been a great help to the clubs and members of SASS in AZ. I have had very few interactions with Duece, but everybody I know says he is truly a stand up person as well.

I agree KK.

Its hard to talk Cowboy shooting with pards without the name of Deuce coming up in the conversations.

His speed videos are fantastic and his videos on all the different gun techniques are watch by the novice shooters AND champions alike.

I've never met BJZ but I've wanted to for awhile. No doubt he has earned an honorable reputation.

..........Widder

I have had the pleasure of meeting both. No two cowboys work any harder, whether it is SASS national matters (like the ROC, Winter Range and EOT), state matches like this Indiana State Championship or at the local level. And they are first-rate shooters. And yet they are still modest, down to earth guys. Deuce, for example, brought a set of Rugers with 7.5" bbls for me to try in Indiana just because he read on the Wire that I was considering going to them as a Gunfighter. (BTW so did Ya Big Tree, another fine cowboy who goes out of his way to help others). They embody the values by which we all aspire to live and to play this game.

I've had the distinct pleasure to work with both gentlemen on the ROC, at WR, and at EoT as Range Masters.

Hard to find more dedicated promoters of the sport, as well as outstanding competitors.

Two of the finest gentlemen I have ever known. As others have said, down-to-earth and truly dedicated to the sport. And they honor me by occasionally allowing me to hang out with them.

both fine men and tireless workers!

I agree. Have only worked winter range. Zack is tireless in what he does. Duece is a really great guy. The only problem I see now is trying to work with Blackjak after all this praise. He may need a bigger hat. :D:D;)

I have had the honor of shooting and working with Duece at the range for some time now. Great guy with a wonderful family. Blackjack we just met at the Indiana State shoot and consider that a great honor also. My wife and daughter liked him and they are very good judges of character I've learned!

I'm privileged to shoot with Deuce at our matches here in Michigan. He was one of the first cowboy I met when I decided to play cowboy.

Has gave me a lot of good advice and tips to help me. Also took my guns and slicked them up a little. He always take time to talk to me

whenever I have a problem or question. Never met Zack but am sure I will sometime down the trail.

Dirty Bart, :D

Two of the finest gentlemen I have ever known. As others have said, down-to-earth and truly dedicated to the sport. And they honor me by occasionally allowing me to hang out with them.

+1 They can get a little rowdy late at night, especially when that big SOB Hombre is around!

Archived