SASS Wire Forum

It's time for college football.....ya'll

Krazy Kajun

And nobody, but nobody, is talking about the crushing defeat that Slippery Rock handed

out to New Haven. I mean 39/13, come on guys. That is a serious setback to the New

England boys.

And alas, and alack, The black knights lost to Fordham, 37/35.

Yeah, you beat me to it but they are up 5 spots in the Div. II poll. They are #20 this week, right between Harding (AR) and Grand Valley State (MI).

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm hoping last week's Auburn team and a new LSU team show up at the game on Saturday....it may be closer than some realize.

Kajun

It's a great weekend for college football.

GA Tech/Notre Dame will be a good one to watch. I'll be rooting for Tech, but expect the Irish to squeak by them.

Auburn/LSU will be great. If Auburn's QB plays like he has been LSU will stomp them bad.

Alabama/Ole Miss will also be great. Bama wants payback for last year, but both our QBs looked pretty suspect last week and Chad Kelly is putting up some numbers. Him against our secondary worries me. I think this is a game that comes down to our D line getting penetration, and our QBs playing smart football. We need to ground and pound. Bama by 3+

Youse guys are correct. Some great football on deck for this week end.

Looking for ND to wreck Jawja Tech, but I doubt that will happen. As you

said, Captain, a good game perhaps.

And then again there is the ROCK! :)

First home game for the Rock against Millersville U. Look for a big win for the Big Green.

That *&%^^% Gannon is getting closer.

Cal(PA) and Mercyhurst, too. Cal especially. The Vulcans have been good the last couple years. :D

Johnson's getting worse instead of better.

Against Jax State, he was making his decision on who he was throwing the ball to before everybody got lined up- much less the snap of the ball. On one play in the 3rd, he stared at the right slot receiver from the time they broke the huddle 'til he released the ball.

Needless to say, they didn't convert that play.

We won't even discuss the number of times he failed to see an open receiver (especially underneath or in the flat) because he was locked on his first choice.

He also didn't keep the ball on the option read at all- not one single time.

Hard to sell the 'option' part of that offense when it gets reduced down to an awkward handoff. Jax State recognized that after a while, ignored the QB's option to run and started filling the running lanes.

VERY frustrating.

One play, he'll throw the perfect strike- exact placement, precisely on time. A couple plays later, he'll try to force the ball into triple or quadruple coverage after staring a hole in the receiver the whole time.

• 1 month later...

oh well....there's always next year..... :(:(:(

Jeeezzz, Mary. It is only the first game. They will win one....simetime.

Hopefully this year.

NOW duz yu believe me?? :angry::(:(:(:(

perfectly gud mornin' at a fun Halloween shoot ruined by mistakenly tunin' in ta tha game on tha radio on tha way home....didn't last long before I found a different station.... <_<

IT IS A RAINY NIGHT IN JAWJA, 27/3 LOSS!

And Oklahoma beat up on Kansas with a score of 62/7.

Oh and Purdue won today also.

ED: Oh yeah, Slippery Rock won today over Edinboro, score of 52/10.

Pretty impressive football, sez I.

LSU and Alabama didn't lose today :D :D

Of course next Saturday about this time we won't be able to say that.

Geaux Tigers.

Kajun

OK Mary. If it will make you feel better, I will put my $2.00 on Nebraska for the next game.

But I gotta tell you, going up against Michigan State is kinda scary. I ain't too hopeful. But we can

commensurate with each other, come next sunday.

Rutgers looks possible, but I ain't so sure abut Iowa.

after yesterday I have officially given up any hope for this year.... :unsure: Go Huskers....and dunt come back until ya learn how ta play feetball!!!! <_<

I dunno....duz Ohio St. need any temporary fans until then?? :huh:

OK Mary. If it will make you feel better, I will put my $2.00 on Nebraska for the next game.

But I gotta tell you, going up against Michigan State is kinda scary. I ain't too hopeful. But we can

commensurate with each other, come next sunday.

Rutgers looks possible, but I ain't so sure abut Iowa.

I suspect there is NO NEED, but they would welcome you anyway.

Go buckeyes. :D

Well the official BCS rankings just came out.

1. Clemson

2. LSU

3. Ohio State

4. Alabama

etc.

This will definetly change after the LSA - AL game on Saturday. And Clemson plays the Seminoles as well. Ah....the fun really starts now.

Kajun

Roll Tide. LSU O line could not deal with Bama's front 7! Fournette held to less than 40. For icing on the cake Mississippi lost. Rolling towards the SEC Championship against Florida.

Yep...Bama dialed up a custom run defense and ran if very effectively. It was a hard fought game and in the end LSU did not win. :(:huh:

Here ya go Capt. Bill......ROLL TIDE

Hopefully AL will win out and play for the BCS championship. I'd very much like to see a Clemson / Bama national championship game....it would definitely separate the wheat from the chaff here amongst the folks that I shoot with regionally.

Kajun

Yep...Bama dialed up a custom run defense and ran if very effectively. It was a hard fought game and in the end LSU did not win. :(:huh:

Here ya go Capt. Bill......ROLL TIDE

Hopefully AL will win out and play for the BCS championship. I'd very much like to see a Clemson / Bama national championship game....it would definitely separate the wheat from the chaff here amongst the folks that I shoot with regionally.

Kajun

Roll Tide Kajun!

Archived