SASS Wire Forum

It's time for college football.....ya'll

Krazy Kajun

Roll Tide.

I like our schedule, it's tough, but winnable, with the hardest match up at the end against Florida. Assuming of course we beat MS State, Charleston Southern and Auburn.

MS State and Auburn are legitimate threats with the ability to field mobile quarterbacks which Bama has trouble with, but I think we beat them by double digits anyway.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, Slippery Rock is on still on a tear! (thought about sayin' roll but I figgered that would be too much of a pun).

They are ranked #9 in the nation (9-1) in Div2 and they are playing West Chester in the conference championship game Saturday.

• 3 weeks later...

Roll Tide. LSU O line could not deal with Bama's front 7! Fournette held to less than 40. For icing on the cake Mississippi lost. Rolling towards the SEC Championship against Florida.

Well that makes 25 SEC Championships for Bama!

Yep...Bama dialed up a custom run defense and ran if very effectively. It was a hard fought game and in the end LSU did not win. :(:huh:

Here ya go Capt. Bill......ROLL TIDE

Hopefully AL will win out and play for the BCS championship. I'd very much like to see a Clemson / Bama national championship game....it would definitely separate the wheat from the chaff here amongst the folks that I shoot with regionally.

Kajun

You're a game away from getting your wish Kajun! All we have to do is beat Michigan State in the Cotton Bowl. That's almost a home game for us. I predict a blowout for Bama. They'll probably be favored by at least 14 and then beat the spread.

It's Orange time for Clemson and Oklahoma. I predict Oklahoma wins this one in a squeaker +5.

Then it's a dog fight. Bama's D against Oklahoma's O. You know what they say. Defense wins Championships.

Well that makes 25 SEC Championships for Bama!

You're a game away from getting your wish Kajun! All we have to do is beat Michigan State in the Cotton Bowl. That's almost a home game for us. I predict a blowout for Bama. They'll probably be favored by at least 14 and then beat the spread.

It's Orange time for Clemson and Oklahoma. I predict Oklahoma wins this one in a squeaker +5.

Then it's a dog fight. Bama's D against Oklahoma's O. You know what they say. Defense wins Championships.

I would not bet any of my hard earned money against Clemson in the game with OK...although NC did make a game of it for the first half yesterday. I'd still like to see an SEC/ACC BCS championship game. Lots of folks around the SE that I shoot with would have some skin in that game.

Kajun

• 4 weeks later...

So, the big day is here! Odds makers have Bama favored by 9.5 points and the Sooners are favored by 3.5 points.

I think it's pretty straightforward for Alabama, put pressure on Cook, make him have to move around in the pocket and the Bama O line has to be able to open gaps against the Michigan State D line so Henry has room to run. If they can do those things and not turn the ball over I think they can walk away with it, especially if Drake is completely recovered.

If they don't Cook picks their secondary apart and Coker is forced to throw too much resulting in turnovers.

ROLL TIDE!!!

ROLL TIDE!!!

+1

YEP, me too.

..........Widder

Hey Widder....we are halfway there. Clemppppppppppson won :P

I had to move all the way to Georgia to find out that Clemson was spelled with no P but was pronounced with one :D :D

Kajun

Wow! Did OU get spanked?

Hope that hand is getting better KK.

Thanks Capt. Bill....sawbones was nice with the script pad so I ain't hurting too bad....just sore. Probably will be out for about 2 weeks...just depends on how I heal and what the Doc says. Happy New Years to you and Shooting Sharyn. ROLL TIDE :P

Kajun

Brutalized ain't the word!!

The boys in crimson appear to be on a mission!!!

SO!! All this talk about the SEC being down this year!! I don't hear it now!! I don't hear any retractions or the like from the know-it-all talking heads who have been running their mouths all year, (well really since Ol' Miss beat Alabama).

The SEC is EIGHT and TWO in bowl competition this year!!

SO!! All this talk about the SEC being down this year!! I don't hear it now!! I don't hear any retractions or the like from the know-it-all talking heads who have been running their mouths all year, (well really since Ol' Miss beat Alabama).

The SEC is EIGHT and TWO in bowl competition this year!!

Sure do hope the SEC is 9 and 2 when the smoke clears.

Sure do hope the SEC is 9 and 2 when the smoke clears.

YEP!!

ROLL TIDE!!!!

I don't think there is much doubt as to the domination of SEC football.

And I think some of the bowl committees tried to pair up good games with an obvious favoritism leaning towards the SEC opponents. But it backfired..........big time.

Some of the Sport moderators tell it like it is, using FACTS.

But there are those other 'talking heads' who tell it like they 'dream about'.

But here is my observations: I ain't so sure its as much about good players as it is THE COACHES. Them players in the Big Ten and other conferences are brutal. But in some of these bowl games, those teams just didn't look prepared, especially for the speed factor in the SEC.

The SEC has some great coaches.....period.

The Big Ten did very well in Ohio St. and Michigan. And look at who their coaches are.

Well, thats my take on it.

ROLL TIDE !

..........Widder

Correct me if I am wrong, but we are all through with College football for the 2015 year, EXCEPT

the championship game between Alabama and Clemson, on January 11, 2016?

There is usually the East/West game, Blue/Gray game, etc.....

I think one of those games is also called the Hula Bowl for some of the best players in the country to get a free trip to Hawaii and have some fun.

..........Widder

Correct me if I am wrong, but we are all through with College football for the 2015 year, EXCEPT

the championship game between Alabama and Clemson, on January 11, 2016?

BMC...here in the SEC, football ain't never through...it's a year round thang :)

Kajun

BMC...here in the SEC, football ain't never through...it's a year round thang :)

Kajun

Yep!! Down here in the Southeast, ALL of your college football teams are already reloading!! (Nobody rebuilds down here unless they're a new coach!!) That's ACC, SEC, MAC, and all of the independents!! Spring drills are only a couple of months away!! AND!! Recruiting for 2017/2018 has already begun!!!

SEC nine and two! Hoss

We can certainly hope!!!

Well....it's time for some college football ya'll.....BCS championship game starts in just a bit. I'm an SEC diehard....gotta go with the Crimson Tide by 14. Who ya got?

Kajun

ROLL TIDE!!!!

Rationally, I think the Tide will win. But a game of this type isn't rational. It's Any-GIven-Game.

My daughter and her husband are 'Bama grads, so part of me is with them.

But Clemson is a great story and I like their coach.

Game on!

Archived