SASS Wire Forum

Roughneck Rod - Fire Recovery Fund

Anyone that would like to help Rod and Tricia recover from this devastating fire can contribute at this GoFundMe account.

Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

Stan

In case the link didn't work go here gofundme.com/qmgcrw98

Moderators....this post was approved by Misty Moonshine.....thanks Misty

It's times like these that our SASS family has the opportunity to demonstrate the generosity and compassion so inherent in the cowboy spirit.

Rest assured that your willingness to answer the call to help one of our own in dire need will enable them to bounce back faster than they ever thought possible...of that I have every confidence.

Stan,

Great effort and a very kind gesture for part of our cowboy family.

Like an idiot I spelled my name wrong!

Every penny counts, let's help put them back on their feet.

Thanks Misty for allowing this exception.

Chuckaroo

Just got back home from visiting Rod. He is overwhelmed by the well wishes and the support. He is in good spirits and a lot of pain. The doctors are still determining if he will need skin grafts or not......hopefully it will be "not".

Rod sends his thanks to all.

Stan

PS. Personally I am moved beyond words and to tears at the generosity of our Cowboy family. Thanks to all

went and saw Rod and Lisa last night. Monday is a big day, they are looking to see about skin grafs please keep Rod in your hearts and prayers

Folks I am asking you to look at what is truly important about our game, the one thing we always tell those that don't know us and ask us why we do this

" Its the camaraderie and the family that is SASS"

Roughneck Rod has become an important mainstay in our world of competition firearms. He responds in days versus weeks. Our help is essential, he has helped many of us achieve our goals with his work and his generosity.

Now it's out turn to return the favor, lets respond now,

Santa Fe Stan has set a goal on "go fund" of $25,000, we need to make that happen.

Is there anyone out there that can replace their homes and lives for $25K??

actually $25k is only a start, please help with any amount, do not be dissuaded by the large donations they need every nickel.

Sorry to hear this news. I wish Rod and his wife a speedy recovery.

Thanks for the link Stan👍🏼 very easy and fast way to help out!

Best wishes,

Ringer

Dirt,

Rod does have to get skin grafts on Wednesday for the burns on his back. Arms and hands will heal . Please keep him in your thoughts .

CC

Update.

Rod is going into the operating room this morning at 7:45. We don't know how long it will take to repair all of his injuries. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

CC

Update.

Rod is going into the operating room this morning at 7:45. We don't know how long it will take to repair all of his injuries. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

CC

Had a good conversation with Rod this afternoon. Got him laughing and said he was feeling better for sure.definitely getting stronger

He definitely lost all his machinery as well as most everything else.

He's pretty overwhelmed by the caring thoughts and generosity.

Jane Deere and I stopped by to see Rod on our lunch break. He’s looking good and feeling good!! The doctor says he is healing faster than normal and there is talk that he might go home tomorrow. He also said in about two to three weeks he should be completely healed.

He, Tricia and his family are overwhelmed by the phone calls, text messages and contributions from the cowboy community.

He’s looking forward to getting back on the range.

OK, for those that haven't helped Rod and Tricia recover from the financial tragedy - here's the link again ... http://gofundme.com/qmgcrw98

Pray Posse - Keep your prayers up for complete healing and a speedy recovery for Rod and comfort for Tricia in their time of need

Great news....Cowboys are tough through and through.....stay strong and mend quickly. You will remain in our thoughts and prayers.

KK

Posting an excerpt from the "Raid Report" from our match this month:

"Many thanks to Gainesville Target Range who along with the Raiders and shooters' donations raised $600.00 for help in Roughneck Rod's fire recovery. We were certainly glad to see him on his feet when he stopped by the range for a little bit.

All the starting lines were "Rodisms": "Yaknowwhatahmean?" Shoulda Dun Gun managed to use several in one stage. Something like, "I'm gonna shoot wicked fast-not like some retahded, powdah-puff, wimp!" Oh well, " Whattaya gonna do?"

See you on the trail,

Delta Glen"

Archived