SASS Wire Forum

EASY PIC POSTING

There are many free photo storing sites on the web. I bet in the past 14 years I've posted this 20 times.

If you can read and type (even the hunt & peck method) you can put pics in your SASS Classified ad. I don't know about other free pic storage sites, but Photobucket has made it easier.

​1 Load your pics to your computer, preferably to My Pictures. When you connect your camera to your pc it should do that automatically.

2. Come here & type your copy (ad). Then open a New Tab go to Photobucket. You'll have to open a free account if you don't have one.

3. Upload your pics to Photobucket. There are directions on the website. You can also crop (cut out excess around the item) brighten or darken the photo etc.

4 Once you have the pics like you want them you'll find two links under each pic. R click on the top one and click copy.

5. Then come back to your ad and place the cursor where you want the photo to appear. R click and click on paste. Your pic will be there.

If you can't do that then have your 6 year old grandchild do it for you. I get tired of the same ol excuse "I'm computer illiterate. I can't do it." That's bovine excrement! In '95 I didn't know a laptop from a desktop , but I learned, and so can you. If you're playing this game of CAS you're not stupid. It takes some smarts to do this. You probably drive to matches, reload, clean & fire guns etc etc etc. Most folks work to have the money to play this game. When you first started doing all these things you didn't get it right but you didn't give up. You persevered. It's the same with placing pics in your ad. You'll save yourself and potential customers a lot of time and may make a quicker sale. They won't have to wait for you to read their post asking you for pics. You won't have to send them and they won't have to wait to get them only to decide a day or two later that your item really isn't what they're looking for.

Photobucket has an app for the iPad and iPhone. There are most likely similar apps for other devices as well. I'm on my iPad now.... So you have to look at me shooting my .36 flintlock long rifle. :)
You can use photobucket through the web browser as you would a regular PC but on an iPad, the app is easier.
DSC_2618_zps18dbcfa5.jpg

In this day and day an ad with no picture(s) is absolutey a waste of everyone's time. Even if a gun is purported to be "as new in box," people still want to see pictures.

In this day and day an ad with no picture(s) is absolutey a waste of everyone's time. Even if a gun is purported to be "as new in box," people still want to see pictures.

Absolutely! Plus in most instances it will sell quicker.

There are many free photo storing sites on the web. I bet in the past 14 years I've posted this 20 times.

If you can read and type (even the hunt & peck method) you can put pics in your SASS Classified ad. I don't know about other free pic storage sites, but Photobucket has made it easier.

​1 Load your pics to your computer, preferably to My Pictures. When you connect your camera to your pc it should do that automatically.

2. Come here & type your copy (ad). Then open a New Tab go to Photobucket. You'll have to open a free account if you don't have one.

3. Upload your pics to Photobucket. There are directions on the website. You can also crop (cut out excess around the item) brighten or darken the photo etc.

4 Once you have the pics like you want them you'll find two links under each pic. R click on the top one and click copy.

5. Then come back to your ad and place the cursor where you want the photo to appear. R click and click on paste. Your pic will be there.

If you can't do that then have your 6 year old grandchild do it for you. I get tired of the same ol excuse "I'm computer illiterate. I can't do it." That's bovine excrement! In '95 I didn't know a laptop from a desktop , but I learned, and so can you. If you're playing this game of CAS you're not stupid. It takes some smarts to do this. You probably drive to matches, reload, clean & fire guns etc etc etc. Most folks work to have the money to play this game. When you first started doing all these things you didn't get it right but you didn't give up. You persevered. It's the same with placing pics in your ad. You'll save yourself and potential customers a lot of time and may make a quicker sale. They won't have to wait for you to read their post asking you for pics. You won't have to send them and they won't have to wait to get them only to decide a day or two later that your item really isn't what they're looking for.

Maybe Miss Allie Mo(no e) will pinn this for use dummies??????????

Why cant we just go straight from iphone to this site like we do with facebook? Would make life way more easier! I've tried the photobucket thing, but never had any luck. Our computer tech says I have a "Keyboard to chairback interface problem" also says I have an ID 10 T error, whatever that is.

And yes, pics are nice, but if im interested in something, I'll send my contact info so they can email or text them to me.

Maybe Allie Mo(no e) will pinn this for use dummies??????????

+1 - I agree,definitely needs to be a sticky! Photobucket is easy, ya just gotta wanna do it. When I see items for sale without a picture my first thought is, what are they trying to hide. Picture is worth a 1000 words.

What if all someone has is an I Pad and no PC? Does your system work with I Pad only? Just a stupid question.

IPAD and Iphone, yes it will work. Just down load the Photobucket

But copy the link that says ( Direct )

Why cant we just go straight from iphone to this site like we do with facebook? Would make life way more easier! I've tried the photobucket thing, but never had any luck. Our computer tech says I have a "Keyboard to chairback interface problem" also says I have an ID 10 T error, whatever that is.

And yes, pics are nice, but if im interested in something, I'll send my contact info so they can email or text them to me.

Hey there Hoss,

I mentioned in post #5 that Photobucket has an APP for your ipad and iphone that is very easy to use. Unfortunately there isn't a way to post directly to the forum. It takes a lot of horsepower to host peoples photos in their servers. Plus given the option, Id still host my own. I have full control over the photo. Some forums lock the photo once its uploaded.

• 1 month later...

Please no Photo bucket- the whole thing is a hot mess use Picturtrail fast free and easy. It is so easy you do not need instructions and if you download their picture software it almost does it by itself, NO ADDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I said NO ADDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let photo bucket kick the bucket

Photo Bucket has NEVER worked for me, even following your detailed instructions. I appreciate your posting the info, but it JUST DON'T WORK!! There's gotta' be an easier way than that gobbly gook.

Thanks Col

Al

Photobucket has an app for the iPad and iPhone. There are most likely similar apps for other devices as well. I'm on my iPad now.... So you have to look at me shooting my .36 flintlock long rifle. :)

You can use photobucket through the web browser as you would a regular PC but on an iPad, the app is easier.DSC_2618_zps18dbcfa5.jpg

So tell us how to down load a picture from an IPAD? I've got the PB app and haven't been able to do it.

I'm trying to use the PB app on the iPad and it has said it is loading the album for the last 20 minutes, it can't be that slow for three pictures can it?

I've tried to load them from PB on Safari but the copy and paste feature will not work, any ideas?

easy to get a pic from phone or ipad click pic, click the little box with and arrow in the middle of it below the pic on the left then it will ask message the pic or email , email it to your self, go to your computer down load the pic from your email and you have it!

Didn't work, just posted the link which worked, will try again

Couldn't find a way to make it happen with Dropbox

If I opened the link, I could copy the pic and put it in the post, Buuuuut-- when I hit the post button it said the community won't except the file extension. Who knows. Hopefully pards won't mind clicking the link if I post something. One would think you could just simply copy and paste a pic off your file on the PC like you do when sending an e-mail. Oh well. The above pic is for sale however for $525 shipped and FFl on my end.!!

Photobucket, WHEN it works is great. However, 99% of the time it is slow and cranky and hardly worth the trouble. I'm definitely going to look into Picturetrail.

Archived