SASS Wire Forum

Got 'er zeroed

Utah Bob #35998

Well close anyway. First two were low. Nice rifle. I like.

Pinnnnngg! ;)

Q6b1bk.jpg

Where did the 8th round go?

The ten ring shot appears to be a double upon close examination.

Pretty decent pattern

For a 12 gauge! :D

Really, nice shooting. I presume that is at 100 yards?

I also assume that the pinnnngggg is still in the string?

That would keep a machine gunner's head down for a while.

At least until somebody could pop a grenade into the window with him.

Tough crowd. :D

The ten ring shot appears to be a double upon close examination.

I was thinking that one looked more oval than round.

Shotgun pattern, huh? Remembering that those are 30 caliber holes, it looks like we have two from a strange gun (ignore them), then settling down to five in 3/4 of an inch, and a flyer that opens that to about 1 1/2 inches.

Definitely a shotgun-like pattern.

I was thinking that one looked more oval than round.

Shotgun pattern, huh? Remembering that those are 30 caliber holes, it looks like we have two from a strange gun (ignore them), then settling down to five in 3/4 of an inch, and a flyer that opens that to about 1 1/2 inches.

Definitely a shotgun-like pattern.

The first two were unadjusted with the gun sights as they were when it came to me. Musta been some blind fella. ;)

OU3yIr.jpg

If that is 100 yards with iron sights my hats off to you Bob. Usta be I could hold 1 1/4" with my M1 when I was a younger man. Can't keep the front sight in focus any more and can't shoot iron sights that well because of it. I've noticed that most of my guns wear glass these days.

Now that we got her zeroed in, lock and load 8 rounds of ball ammunition, fix bayonets and we are

going to take that entrenchment over there. I'll stay here and cover you because I lost my bayonet. :D

If that is 100 yards with iron sights my hats off to you Bob......

100 yards? Har! I can barely see my house at 100 yards. That's a 25m zero. Holding at 6 o'clock on the top of the 5 ring. I'll get some 100yd bulls and silouettes next week and see if I can even keep em on the paper.

I rung a 12x18 plate at 100 but I expect that's about the best I can do.

Maybe I'll get an M1d one of these days. ;)

Now that we got her zeroed in, lock and load 8 rounds of ball ammunition, fix bayonets and we are

going to take that entrenchment over there. I'll stay here and cover you because I lost my bayonet. :D

These days I lead from the rear.

;)

100 yards? Har! I can barely see my house at 100 yards. That's a 25m zero. Holding at 6 o'clock on the top of the 5 ring. I'll get some 100yd bulls and silouettes next week and see if I can even keep em on the paper.

Offhand? Better than I could do. Those things are so sweet to shoot though. :)

Offhand? Better than I could do. Those things are so sweet to shoot though. :)

Why would you shoot offhand if your goal was to zero the rifle? U.B. is right. This is a tough crowd! :)

That is the way SSG Buxton taught me to do it. :)

Ahh... but SSG Buxton was a better man than I. ;)

Whew, Glad to hear that. I took mine out today too and those looked more like my 25 yd groups. Almost got outsmarted by the sight adjustments, but in the end I got em worked out. Shot the last clip at 100 yds and they were all over the place. I think I need more practice.

I remember when we used to brag to each other about keeping most rounds on paper at 500 yds. Nowdays I need a scope for fifty yds and Fedex or UPS for anything farther than that!

I remember when we used to brag to each other about keeping most rounds on paper at 500 yds. Nowdays I need a scope for fifty yds and Fedex or UPS for anything farther than that!

Yea, sure getting tough, especially with the paper jumping all over the place anymore ifen I can even see that. When I shoot iron on the Trapdoor at 1300 yards I shoot at 4'x8'. When the front sight hits the target it disappears and I pull the trigger :lol:

Nice shooten anyway Utah!

Ah, yes, the joys of eyesight ( I'm 64). Sunday, shooting the Sharps at 300 yards was interesting. Managed to hit the ram with second shot, then sent lead sailing somewhere in the vicinity for the next seven rounds.

I believe I'll carry her in the July 4th parade. ;):FlagAm:

Archived